World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement
Apr 28, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #136 of 629
Joined in the RE-00! Hope it'll be good! 
beyersmile.png

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #137 of 629
  I bought the RE00 and am an international buyer. I was charged an extra $5 and I assume that's all they'll want from me 
smily_headphones1.gif

https://helpdesk.massdrop.com/hc/en-us/articles/216723438

Depends on the country but as far as I'm aware most European countries only apply VAT for items valued over like $40-50. For the $35 + $5 shipping RE-00s should be free of import tax, if they aren't then it's an extra like $5 which is hardly a big deal.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #138 of 629
  You are buying both the RE-00 and the HE 350? Cause if you are then customs will be applicable for both the items, hassle depends upon the type of custom authority in your country, which differs from nation to nation. E.G in my city customs will not be applicable for the RE-00 as it is a commercial product bought for personal effect/use valued under $100. If you know how the custom operates in your city foreign customs office then there is a very small possibility of it getting stuck. On the shipping part, Massdrop will be shipping the item/s in Aug 2016 to the people who have joined the drop which ends in 3 weeks. US buyers don't pay for shipping, international buyers pay $5 for shipping. 

I am checking to see if these will ship in the same package if you buy both items, I think they will ship separately.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #139 of 629
A large open-back can with an angled 3.5mm connector and no 6.5mm adapter included.... come on. No way this will compete with the Senn's in this range. What everyone wants is the original HE-400 done right. If those could have the added comfort of the current gens it would be gold.

Just my 2 cents.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #140 of 629
  I bought the RE00 and am an international buyer. I was charged an extra $5 and I assume that's all they'll want from me 
smily_headphones1.gif

https://helpdesk.massdrop.com/hc/en-us/articles/216723438

Yes, that's all that you'll be charged by Massdrop. 
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #141 of 629
^Hi iancraig10, I'll have to look into that one...where will you be during your trip and what are your dates (can you PM me)?

Hi CEE TEE. Many thanks for getting back to me.

I went on to my own forum where we started to mention the Massdrop. One of the members offered to accept a headphone for me and he's going to post it on to me when I get home.

I had a look on the Massdrop site and saw that once you're in the drop, as long as you use a credit card, you can stipulate another address.

In the UK, many sales won't go through if the address is different from the card address and I thought that I might have a problem.

I'm in Florida for three weeks. The headphone might cross me the other way!!!

Anyway, I put my order in today and my friend will receive it for me.

It's right in a holiday period so some folks might not be around to have it delivered.

Many thanks. It's such a good offer, I couldn't resist!!!!!

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #142 of 629
A large open-back can with an angled 3.5mm connector and no 6.5mm adapter included.... come on. No way this will compete with the Senn's in this range. What everyone wants is the original HE-400 done right. If those could have the added comfort of the current gens it would be gold.

Just my 2 cents.

Change the lead. It just plugs in to the cups via 3.5mm plugs?

It's not a planar though but it's not too shabby in performance for that kind of money.

If you're comparing it to say, the Senn hd598, it probably has a deeper bass with less roll off. Same for the lower priced Senns.

Which Senns are you comparing with?

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #143 of 629
  You are buying both the RE-00 and the HE 350? Cause if you are then customs will be applicable for both the items, hassle depends upon the type of custom authority in your country, which differs from nation to nation. E.G in my city customs will not be applicable for the RE-00 as it is a commercial product bought for personal effect/use valued under $100. If you know how the custom operates in your city foreign customs office then there is a very small possibility of it getting stuck. On the shipping part, Massdrop will be shipping the item/s in Aug 2016 to the people who have joined the drop which ends in 3 weeks. US buyers don't pay for shipping, international buyers pay $5 for shipping. 

I have confirmed:  if you buy both the RE-00 and HE-350, they will ship separately.

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #144 of 629
Really have my eye on the HE-350.  Though it is strange for me to drop cash on an item before really reading much about how they sound from a proper review. (I have done 72 reviews myself on Head-Fi so far).

Come August, there will be a couple thousand reviews flying out though!  
cool.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #145 of 629
Maybe they can get in touch with Audeze and release a non-fazor LCD2 (fazor'd LCD2s reduce what people love about the LCD2, FWIH) for like $400, and a much better headband.

That's the only other thing I'd want aside from a revamped HE-400.

I wish there was a non-fazor option in the audeze line, just for additional differentiation.  But that being said, I think the fazor LCDs are *VASTLY* superior headphones.  

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #147 of 629
Joined for both. Slept through my alarm but I was able to snag in the low 100's on each. Can't wait to add them to my collection.

join number doesn't matter for either, no limited, serial number assignments on these.

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #149 of 629
RE-00 was a know brainer. An RE0 with more impactful bass and a better cable legit might be the GOAT IEM. That for $35 is nuts.

Would be nice to know what this -350 has in common with the original -300. I'd be in for the drop, if it was just as a -300 with the 2.5mm plugs. It being a completely different driver gives me pause though. Will someone who loved the -300 love this? Did they retain the same character? The -300 was my first foray into hifi, and I'd want an improved model (those original plugs were nightmares), just for sentimental reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back