World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement
Apr 27, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #121 of 629
Can you describe the difference in bass? These appear to have a graph with slightly stronger sub bass (a weak point in many open cans). However while they lack a troubling HE-300 high mid peak, they have got one higher up and another higher still. The higher end peaks are way above the highest point in the bass. That worries me. Did the angled pads you used warm the treble up a bit?

I'm not terribly good with describing sound but I can tell you what instruments changed.
I found after the pad change that the difference particularly in Bass and Double Bass was amazing. It added alot more weight to those particular instruments. The effect of drums was that they became more pronounced.
Treble was never an issue with this phone for me and found that both before and after was much of the same.
I know it's not much but hopefully that helps.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #123 of 629
I would have instantly pulled the trigger if it is a planar magnetic hifiman : ) 
Hope there will be some massdrop exclusive planar magnetic
Anyway good job massdrop, looking forward for more high quality or high price to performance products

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #124 of 629
Maybe they can get in touch with Audeze and release a non-fazor LCD2 (fazor'd LCD2s reduce what people love about the LCD2, FWIH) for like $400, and a much better headband.

That's the only other thing I'd want aside from a revamped HE-400.

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #125 of 629
  Would you tell something about it? What kind of adjustment? Isn't it one-to-one RE0 except the cable?

Hi ER4S,

Not sure what was done to retune these, but there were discussions with Fang about making "the bass more present" while still retaining the mids and treble.

It has been years since I had the RE0...but the RE-00 do have a good deal more bass quantity and impact based on memory.

My IEM Path:
  1. The original RE0 was great in the mids and treble but I wanted more bass.
  2. I tried the super-bassy Sennheiser IE8 after the RE0. Too much bass for me.
  3. Then I found the UERM which has been my reference.
  4. Lately, I have been trying bassier IEMs to complement the UERM for fun (FitEar TG!334 & Oriolus 2).

My UERM are out on loan but RE-00 seem to have more bass, well done for my taste.

Even after added bass, RE-00 mids-through-upper mids are still quite present along with extended treble. 

The upper mids/treble contribute to a leading edge of attack on instruments and an "open sound". There is plenty of bass and mids that are neither "distant" nor "too forward", but slightly warm.

Negatives?  They were a little rougher/grainy right out of the box but they have gotten smooth with some use. I thought it might be amplification that was needed but now going back and forth with amped/unamped out of my iPhone 6 and 4S, I think they may have just needed some run-in.

These are my impressions so far, I'm excited to have other people hear these. 
tongue.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #127 of 629
Just joined the RE-00 drop. At $35 it is a great deal, if it sounds anything as good as the originals, it is a steal. I am not expecting any miracles in the dynamic headphone segment of HiFiMan considering I have owned the HE 300 for a while, when it came out. It was okay, nothing exceptional as I recall. Wish HiFiMaN make a cheaper variant of HE-5, they were my first planar's and at $550 MSRP they sounded sub-lime except for the QC issues. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #128 of 629
  So if i were to buy these + the international shipping cost of $5, they would send it to me via international post and there wouldnt be any hassle on my side except if it gets stuck in customs right?

Anybody?

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #129 of 629
  Anybody?

You are buying both the RE-00 and the HE 350? Cause if you are then customs will be applicable for both the items, hassle depends upon the type of custom authority in your country, which differs from nation to nation. E.G in my city customs will not be applicable for the RE-00 as it is a commercial product bought for personal effect/use valued under $100. If you know how the custom operates in your city foreign customs office then there is a very small possibility of it getting stuck. On the shipping part, Massdrop will be shipping the item/s in Aug 2016 to the people who have joined the drop which ends in 3 weeks. US buyers don't pay for shipping, international buyers pay $5 for shipping. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #130 of 629
I bought the RE00 and am an international buyer. I was charged an extra $5 and I assume that's all they'll want from me 
smily_headphones1.gif

https://helpdesk.massdrop.com/hc/en-us/articles/216723438

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #131 of 629
Maybe they can get in touch with Audeze and release a non-fazor LCD2 (fazor'd LCD2s reduce what people love about the LCD2, FWIH) for like $400, and a much better headband.

That's the only other thing I'd want aside from a revamped HE-400.

+1

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #132 of 629
CEE TEE, I'd love to join the drop from the UK, but the dispatch date will clash with when I'm away on holiday in the USA of all places!!!

Is it possible to have dispatch delayed?

Apr 28, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #133 of 629
^Hi iancraig10, I'll have to look into that one...where will you be during your trip and what are your dates (can you PM me)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back