Word of warning on Little Dot MKIV SE authorized resellers
Sep 1, 2010 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Stevtt

500+ Head-Fier
Just a possible word of warning. While I love the MK IV SE I just got, I realized that I kinda Vaporlocked and didn't think things through. The company I bought the amp from on Ebay (Pollychen) is not an authorized reseller. Evidently they pretty much copied everything off David's site and pasted it onto their description including the warranty information which, without investigating further I just assumed it was coming from David. . I just got suspicious after reading another thread and e-mailed him asking if they were an authorized retailer and he said they were not. I have e-mailed them asking about warranty work and aslo asked David how I could resolve any reapir issues.

If anyone is interested I will let them know on what both companies tell me. While I understand that he has absolutely no responsibility in this matter I'm hopiing he will be kind to me.

If you are planning on buying one, double check the source. If you have bought one from them yoiu might want to check with them

Sep 27, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #2 of 6
Hi,

I'd be interested to hear what both companies told you, especially since I am considering getting the little dot I+ from pollychen since David seems to be out of stock at the moment on his ebay account and I am still awaiting an email response from him.

By the way, how was the shipping service from pollychen?

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Hi,

I'd be interested to hear what both companies told you, especially since I am considering getting the little dot I+ from pollychen since David seems to be out of stock at the moment on his ebay account and I am still awaiting an email response from him.

By the way, how was the shipping service from pollychen?

You can always order directly from David even if his eBay account shows no stock.

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 6
As a follow up. I communicated both with David and Polychen, here is the wrap up.

David was extremely responsive and very helpful.  However he sated that Pollychen is not an authorized seller of that amp and said that any warranty responsiblility is that of Pollychen and I would have to address any concerns through them. Again, though I want to stress that he was very helpful and had a lot of patience with me.

I communicated with Pollychen and they confirmed most strongly that they would honor the warranty they expressed on Ebay. That I could send it back to them if necessary and they would be responsible for getting it repaired, replaced as according to the warranty.

At to their shipping they were extremely fast and responsive. The amp showed up in perfect condition and I haven't had an issue with that.

I'm kind of the careful type with electronics and always like the warranty. For that reason alone I am always apt to buy straight from the manufacture or from either a responsible dealer close to home or over the internet, someone I've had good dealings with like Underwood Hifi. So I was a little shook up when I realized I had screwed up, but so far my fears have been unjustified and it has turned out to be a pleasent experience dealing with Pollychen.

I would also echo that check with David first, then if he doesn't have it, Pollychen has proven to be a realiable source so far.

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks, you were correct, I thought that the ebay account is reflective of stock levels, however when I emailed David I did get the standard 3-6days testing/qc and 4-10days transit time for the i+ so I assume that stocks are ok. Or else, they are able to assemble it in the usual time it takes to dispatch. I'm glad I am buying directly from David since it's nice to get it from the authorised source plus I hear that he's normally quite good about refunding shipping costs during the initial 3 months and even coming to some accomodation about subsidising the shipping costs if something goes wrong during the remainder of the warranty period.

Stevtt, thanks for posting the followup, I'm sure other people will find this useful since I did see in Pollychen's feedback that they have sold several little dot amps in the past and general have 10 in stock to sell. I'm glad you got a good outcome/response about them honouring the warranty stated on their listing. I guess what happens is you ship it them and then they ship it to David/Little Dot since they were the original purchaser of the product so should have the full warranty? Either that or they do have their own people to hand or contact with a good electrician/hifi expert to work on the amp if any issues arise.

Quote:
You can always order directly from David even if his eBay account shows no stock.

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #6 of 6
For some reason I got the impression they would probably ship it to David.  I am really happy with this amp, To tell you the truth, I may even try my hand on working on this one myself if a problem comes up.

Famous last words "It can't be that hard"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back