Woo's New Flagship WA33
Apr 13, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #3,181 of 3,206
Anyone use a WE 274B or a more obtainable PSVane replica WE274B? If so how does it sound compared to Tak 274B, PSVane 54UG, and other rectifiers?

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #3,182 of 3,206
stock rectifier is quiet dark, looser, nice bass. ta rectifier tightens the whole thing up, but detail and depth are totally there, also let it bloom out, the best comes later. imo. we 5842 are my drivers.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #3,183 of 3,206
Okay--didnt know you were in Australia.
I would've recommended TubesUSA for the EML 2A3 S--nothing but excellent experiences with George Lenz.
Not too long ago I purchased the KR 2A3 HP and I do enjoy them--but I enjoy my EML 2A3 S just as much.
Thanks for the tip.

How would you characterise the sound between the two?

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #3,184 of 3,206
Thanks for the tip.

How would you characterise the sound between the two?
You're welcome
In short, so far I'd say the KR HP's sound neutral, precise and focused with a slight lack of body --whereas the EML's have a fuller, warm and airier, almost more musical sound in way. Keep in mind I've had my EML's since ~Nov '21 and I just got the KR's early Nov '23--so the EML's have many, many more hours on them. Again--I do enjoy both very much.

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #3,185 of 3,206
You're welcome
In short, so far I'd say the KR HP's sound neutral, precise and focused with a slight lack of body --whereas the EML's have a fuller, warm and airier, almost more musical sound in way. Keep in mind I've had my EML's since ~Nov '21 and I just got the KR's early Nov '23--so the EML's have many, many more hours on them. Again--I do enjoy both very much.
Thank you once again!

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #3,186 of 3,206
Borrowed a wavedream signature balanced from a buddy for a while and been testing it with my WA33 JPS elite. This is a phenomenal combo. Synergy is insanely good, better than vivaldi apex imo. It's a very exciting forward sounding dac but the detail is just off the charts, it just throws detail and imaging at you in spades. Slam and transient response is just insane. Anyone else tried one?

Have you posted your impressions of how the Riviera compares to the WA33 Elite with the Rockna Wavedream dac?

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #3,187 of 3,206
Have you posted your impressions of how the Riviera compares to the WA33 Elite with the Rockna Wavedream dac?
Not yet but I will. I already have a very good idea how they compare but I've still got time with both as I'm only borrowing them. Can pm me if you want to know more.

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #3,188 of 3,206
I just received a three-month old Elite with JPS wiring. I noticed the power tubes were PSVANE 2A3Cs.
The WA33 standard I had used Electro-Harmonix 2A3 EH.
Curious if Woo recently started using the PSVANE 2A3Cs for their new builds or for JPS wiring?
Anyone else's Elite's come with PSVANE 2A3Cs?

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #3,189 of 3,206
nope mine electro, pavane the rectifier. my final word on the matter. TAKATSUKI i want those tubes on everything

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #3,190 of 3,206
I'm considering selling my WA33 EE JPS to just try something new. I don't know if I will yet (still thinking it over), but if you are interested, PM me. US and serious inquiries only. I'll post a classified as well if I do decide to sell it.

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #3,191 of 3,206
I'm considering selling my WA33 EE JPS to just try something new. I don't know if I will yet (still thinking it over), but if you are interested, PM me. US and serious inquiries only. I'll post a classified as well if I do decide to sell it.
More importantly is, what have you Set your eyes on?
Also will you attend munich high end?

Apr 27, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #3,192 of 3,206
More importantly is, what have you Set your eyes on?
Also will you attend munich high end?
I won't be at the Munich high-end, but I was talking with Vinh at Danacables, and he told me about the new Cayin and that the Sus/Voila will be there. I just thought I'd post about it.

My eyes are set on the Primavera. I'm also gonna try to get a good 300b pre and put it in front of my CFA3 while I wait on the Primavera. I gotta ask @paradoxper what 300B pre to use. I'll get the elrogs too

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #3,193 of 3,206
I'm also gonna try to get a good 300b pre and put it in front of my CFA3 while I wait on the Primavera. I gotta ask @paradoxper what 300B pre to use. I'll get the elrogs too
That's easy. Paradoxper uses a Supratek, and recommended it to me. I have a Supratek Cabernet Dual. It's the dual DHT (300B/45) & 6SN7 version which allows switching between all 3. I also had him add a 1/4" headphone out to mine (driven by the 300B/45 circuit only), though that can accommodate only a narrow range of easy-to-drive HPs.

Really interested to hear your take on the Primavera once you get it! I really want to see a shootout between that and the upcoming Solaja Audio 300B.

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #3,194 of 3,206
That's easy. Paradoxper uses a Supratek, and recommended it to me. I have a Supratek Cabernet Dual. It's the dual DHT (300B/45) & 6SN7 version which allows switching between all 3. I also had him add a 1/4" headphone out to mine (driven by the 300B/45 circuit only), though that can accommodate only a narrow range of easy-to-drive HPs.

Really interested to hear your take on the Primavera once you get it! I really want to see a shootout between that and the upcoming Solaja Audio 300B.
I might wait for the Solaja as well. Do you know if it comes out soon?

I think I'll buy the Supratek Caberent Dual like tomorrow...hahaha :beyersmile:

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #3,195 of 3,206
I might wait for the Solaja as well. Do you know if it comes out soon?
Unfortunately, no, not with any specificity. My impression is that it'll be this year, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back