Woodworking: A Simple Wooden Tube Stand.
Mar 24, 2009 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Stevesebastianb

500+ Head-Fier
There has been another thread dedicated to home made headphone stands. I thought I would start one for other items. I will start off with a wooden tube stand that I made, but you can feel free to post photos of other builds that you made.

By posting your originals, will be giving others some ideas too, please share.

I did some simple woodworking and made a simple wooden tube stand to hold my spare audio tubes so that they could be kept together in a tidy presentable fashion. Below are photos of the finished product, simple, elegant and it serves it's intended purpose:

Tube+stand+1.jpg

Tube+Stand+2.jpg

Tube+stand+3.jpg

Tub+Stand+4.jpg

darthsmile.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you mount it to a rotatable plate so you can turn it around when selecting the right tube?
tongue.gif

^^^ Hey that's a great idea, I could use a small bearing between the two wood plates to get the turntable effect. Thanks for the suggestion, that could be for my second attempt, he he!

darthsmile.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like it, but how do you keep the dust away? Did you build a cover too? Something see thru would be awesome.

^^^ No cover yet as I just did the woodworking today. Will need to ask a friend who does plastic fabrications to do a cover for me in clear acrylic.

For now it will be kept in my cabinet which should keep most dust out.

biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like it, but how do you keep the dust away? Did you build a cover too? Something see thru would be awesome.

^^^ Something along the lines of this Rosewood Headshell Stand and Cover:

Wooden+Headshell+Stand+1.jpg

Wooden+Headshell+Stand+2.jpg

icon10.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ No cover yet as I just did the woodworking today. Will need to ask a friend who does plastic fabrications to do a cover for me in clear acrylic.

biggrin.gif

Don't know how big that is but looks like a CD spindle cover would fit.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^ Hey that's a great idea, I could use a small bearing between the two wood plates to get the turntable effect. Thanks for the suggestion, that could be for my second attempt, he he!

darthsmile.gif

Stevesebastianb, nice work!
smile.gif

If you decide to add bearings and turntable effect to the design for your second attempt, the concept will no longer be original
frown.gif
see here

zk

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Forte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know how big that is but looks like a CD spindle cover would fit.

^^^ CD Spindle cover too small, aleady checked!
confused_face.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by zkool448 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stevesebastianb, nice work!
smile.gif

If you decide to add bearings and turntable effect to the design for your second attempt, the concept will no longer be original
frown.gif
see here

zk

^^^ Thanks for the compliments. If I do V2 with a lazy Susan it would be for fun.

wink.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #12 of 16
/me like.
smile.gif

Nice way to show off those tubes when not in use---

Apr 26, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #13 of 16
I made another tube stand, this time it took me much longer since it was made out of highly compressed bamboo block and woodworking was particularly difficult as the compressed bamboo block was very hard. It took me two weeks, but I am pleased with the results. I can place medium sized and small tubes plus all my various adapters onto the stand and the finish of the bamboo wood is very attractive. Some photos below of the finished stand:

bamboo+1.jpg

bamboo+2.jpg

bamboo+3.jpg

bamboo+4.jpg

bamboo+5.jpg

biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Steam powered?

m-60-assem-and-76-kit-web.jpg

^^^LOL, too heavy, it would break the engine!

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back