Wooden portable ATH-ESW9 arrived! (with pics)
Mar 3, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #541 of 1,087
I just ordered the ESW9 from AC and it sat in the "processing" mode for a week. I finally got tired of waiting and emailed to cancel the order and miraculously they had just been shipped! Anyway, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. I should be receiving them the day after tomorrow and am giddy with anticipation
cool.gif

If anyone has experience of the ESW9's with the Mini^3 I would love to hear it as I have one on order!

Mar 3, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #542 of 1,087
For some reason AC's prices have skyrocketed in the past few weeks. Blame the weak dollar if you want but the ESW9 is significantly cheaper elsewhere. I'd recommend warehouse123.com. They also offer FedEx Express (2-3 days worldwide) if you don't like EMS.

I bought my ESW9 from AC B&M and my CK7 from warehouse123.com.

Kohn at AC told me that they don't carry the ESW9 in store anymore since it was not a fast seller.

Hope this helps you guys.

Mar 4, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #543 of 1,087
this is the reason why ESW9 takes so long to wait
Quote:

The ESW9 are really popular so we are getting more. Your order will beshipped as soon as they come into our warehouse. Thank you for yourpatience.

Mar 4, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #544 of 1,087
We do now have the ESW9 in the store now (currently sold out), after people constantly come by and show interest in demoing them. The A900ti is also available in store.

The next batch of ESW9 are coming in and those outstanding orders will be shipped. Sorry for the wait. Things have been hectic after the store opened.

Mar 4, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #548 of 1,087
You will be IMPRESSED, lets forget about the sound for a moment, none of the pictures on here even begin to accurately relay the sumptious quality of these babies in person.

they are LUSH

p.s. and if ya havent already, order that audio technica case from audio cubes (or wherever) built for these headphones (literally I think) and fits my imod or ipod classic, any amp voyager size and below, interconnects and even a pair of some iem's if ya fancy a change while ya out and about.

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #549 of 1,087
Bluetin apparantly had to wait till today to get more ESW9's...notified yesterday that they will ship asap
cool.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #550 of 1,087
Yeah, I ordered the case at the same time so these beauties have a comfy
place to live when they aren't on my head(like when I'm in the shower
biggrin.gif
)

My Mini^3 should be here in a couple of days so I might have to go completely incognito and spend some time just listening!

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #551 of 1,087
First, I have to say I was NOT impressed after the first couple of hours of listening to the AT's. There was a real hardness in the upper mids that was almost painful to listen to.

Second, I can't believe that some people say they don't believe in burn-in. The sound of the ESW9's improved dramatically after running them for 24 hours and now I love them!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

In a couple of days when my Mini^3 arrives I will be able to power them properly. I can't wait!

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #552 of 1,087
Mar 9, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #554 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally tried this cans yesterday, very nice indeed
biggrin.gif
. Of course now I hate
wink.gif
Boomana who allowed me to listen to them. Why do I hate her? Because now I want a pair of my own!
eek.gif
cool.gif

Miguel, could you please describe what you like about them ? I've never heard one but have read that it has a warm & lush sound signature. Also how do they compare to the HFI-780s ? I've been considering getting a ESW9 so any opinions would be appreciated !

Mar 9, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #555 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Miguel, could you please describe what you like about them ? I've never heard one but have read that it has a warm & lush sound signature. Also how do they compare to the HFI-780s ? I've been considering getting a ESW9 so any opinions would be appreciated !

I had both at the same time. The HFI-780 to me sound good with anything, much like the UE9, that you can through at it. The ATH-ESW9 gets muddy with busy bass tracks. Otherwise, if you don't listen to much of the fast, heavy bass music the music has a lush, warm beautiful sound. They fit my music very well that I listen too. I no longer have the ESW9 since I have made the HFI-780 into a ALO-780J which I enjoy more with everything.

The ATH-ESW9 is much more portable than the HFI-780 headphone and great for office environments.

It is a personal taste thing when you get right down to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back