Wooden portable ATH-ESW9 arrived! (with pics)
Dec 14, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #227 of 1,087
Are the earpads and headband actually leather or is it that fake stuff they used on phones like the W100?

Dec 14, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #230 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fold flat like a grado.

Hi siwiser, i know you have the UE9's I like the way they fold into the headband, which do you find more conveiniant to carry the UE9 or EWS-9, I realise the UE9 is probably a lot larger can anyway but which method do you prefer ??

Dec 14, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #231 of 1,087
I do not like the ideal of the headphone folding into itself because no matter what the construction quality I have the thought that this will at some time stress the phones in a way I will regret. So flat is my preference for any phone.

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #232 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by becca9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the ESW9 compare to the HD25-1 II in physical size -- particularly the earcups? Does the ESW9 really work as an on-the-street portable? Thanks.

PC150003a.jpg

PC150002a.jpg

Quite comparable in size - a fraction larger, but not enough to matter. And they fold flatter which makes them slightly easier to carry. The only trouble is that they really are too pretty to allow for rough and tumble use - you wouldn't be wanting to throw them into a bag and risk getting the wood scratched. Apart from that they are very good portable phones - in some ways better than the Senns because they allow you to hear more of whats going on around you, which is useful when you are walking.

And protein leather is pleather - feels and looks like it.

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #233 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lamb skin pads. "Protein leather" head pad.

"protein leather" has to be a japanese expression for pleather, because that's what it appears like to me.

Dec 15, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #234 of 1,087
Just came back from a little test run of these neat cans in Akihabara, and damn, they really sound good! Seems like a huge leap from the ES7, which is just what I wanted ^_^ Definitely buying these now, that's for sure.

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #235 of 1,087
"PROTEIN LEATHER
Protein artificial leather is a comfortable material developed by combining protein powder with a special resin. Its excellent humidity absorption- and-release characteristics control humidity to realize a level of comfort that approaches that of natural material."

And if you're trapped in the woods with your headphones you can probably survive on them for a week too!

Dec 15, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #236 of 1,087
And now I ordered a pair of audio-technica ATH-ESW9 ^__^

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #240 of 1,087
revised: yesterday i'm trying ESW9 with my D2,
but after trying them with LD MKIV the bass is deep now, no sign of boomy like in D2, overall ESW9 got smooth presentation, they have some distinct signature that i can't describe, different from that grado and senns, well got to hear them more
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back