WOOD IS GOOD: Sony R10 vs. Audio Technica ATH W2002
Feb 7, 2002 at 3:39 AM Post #91 of 122
Thanks for the info. I noticed that you have quite an impressive collection of headphones (W2002, RS-1, HD600, CDR3000 & E4S). Please do write an in-depth comparative review of those phones when you are ready. It would prove very informative to say the least.

Feb 7, 2002 at 3:41 AM Post #92 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
I don't see the point of being overly nice to one headphone over another because of some upcoming sell

And I dont see the point of needing to be 'brutal' in describing something that can be just as effectively said another way. And you dont even know what I meant when I said 'forgiving'! Thats what steams me.. as if you even knew.
So what your saying is that 'mild vexation' was a watered down expression and cheapened the review. You want me to go back and say '****ing vexated!!' ??? ...you dont even know what your angry about KR. It was nothing.

Feb 7, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #94 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by Peter
Thanks for the posting to direct me to the guy for this great headphone..631

beauty.jpg

Welcome to the list of W2002 owners Peter! Thats the image from my website main page. Including your new headphone. You say you've been lurking for a year, and then the first sign of life from you is that you buy the W2002! :) Thats great! I'm glad to have helped.

Feb 7, 2002 at 4:38 AM Post #95 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
You mean other than Tyll?

last I heard Tyll didn't own an orpheus. Did he get one recently?

Feb 7, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #96 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by acidtripwow
I should be getting mine soon, I hope.

Don't worry. You are definitely going to get yours. Start your countdown. 6 more days to go.

Feb 7, 2002 at 7:45 PM Post #97 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by M Rael
markl, when you start posting your listening comments I'll either remove or really shrink the image(s) I posted. For now though, I'd like to keep going and ask W2002 owners to send me their serial number if they would. I know acidtripwow and at least 1 or 2 others who are expecting to take delivery soon. I'm going to show it on the main page of my site in this way:

Mine is 0288.

Feb 7, 2002 at 8:22 PM Post #98 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by mwb
Well, I'm certainly encouraged to hear nothing but accolades for the ATH W2002s....Now I hope Uvak comes through as promised 'cause it's a long way to Singapore (or sweeden for that matter)! LOL

mwb

Hmm... It seemed that mwb is worried that he might not get his cans
very_evil_smiley.gif

Well, the truth over here is that I am even more WORRIED that I would not get back what I paid for the 3 pairs of W2002 ! I actually sent them out before I actually receive the payment.
wink.gif

Anyway, I think the people over here are generally trustworthy and I am PREPARED to take the chance once more. mwb would know what I mean ...

Finally, it is my good friend in Singapore who has been doing the buying and shipping. For this, he is charging 630.

For those who remembered what I posted in one of the threads, I bought mine for 560. To ship to US, it cost about 50, i.e. he makes 20 for each pair. Seriously, I think it is a FAIR PRICE to pay for all the effort that he is making. Isn't it?

With no offence to anyone, I think 700+ is really too much to "appear" in this forum. We are ALL avid headphoners, and we should aim to help each other in whatever possible ways, that includes getting reasonably priced items. Right?

Availability wise, according to my friend, he thinks it is not really a big problem. Of course, some might argue that there are ONLY 1000 available.

Happy headphoning !!

Feb 7, 2002 at 8:51 PM Post #99 of 122
Hi again uvak. I added your serial number to my list; I hope you dont mind. I read what you posted about the price.. I dont know what to think exactly. If you cant find them anywhere on the internet at all, and you send out emails and get no reply, well then at that point paying $630 from Vincent Chan sounds pretty good (the cost of headphones alone. My shipping was about $70, and that meant that my W2002's shipped from Singapore on Monday and I got them that Wednesday. You seem to have taken a cheaper shipping route uvak.. and if people want to save a few bucks and wait a week or ten days to get their headphones thats their business. Personally I'm too impatient for that.)

I think its cool that you found another source! What else can this dude get??

beauty.jpg

Feb 7, 2002 at 9:17 PM Post #100 of 122
Quote:

Hi again uvak. I added your serial number to my list; I hope you dont mind. I read what you posted about the price.. I dont know what to think exactly. If you cant find them anywhere on the internet at all, and you send out emails and get no reply, well then at that point paying $630 from Vincent Chan sounds pretty good (the cost of headphones alone. My shipping was about $70, and that meant that my W2002's shipped from Singapore on Monday and I got them that Wednesday. You seem to have taken a cheaper shipping route uvak.. and if people want to save a few bucks and wait a week or ten days to get their headphones thats their business. Personally I'm too impatient for that.)

I think its cool that you found another source! What else can this dude get??

No problem at all.

I have no idea what else can he get? Anyway, if you are keen on something, just drop me an PM.

Cheers.

Feb 7, 2002 at 9:25 PM Post #101 of 122
Quote:

Originally posted by uvak
I have no idea what else can he get?

I think I'll start paying more attention to the Announcement section at Headwize and reading Electronics Show reports.. maybe there are a few other items marketed only in Japan that might be nice to investigate. Its great to know that you know someone over there. And I think I forgot to say I think the price you're getting the W2002's at is a bargain. Even more so since you dont add $20 yourself. Thats a real nice thing you're doing.

Feb 7, 2002 at 9:39 PM Post #102 of 122
Quote:

And I think I forgot to say I think the price you're getting the W2002's at is a bargain. Even more so since you dont add $20 yourself. Thats a real nice thing you're doing.

This is a special announcement for ALL potential W2002 buyers. Please read carefully.

The price has just increased to 650. This is to include a $20 middleman fee for myself. Thanks in Advance.

JUST KIDDING.

___

M Rael, we belong to a small (but growing) group that are serious and passionate about the thing we called "cans". I am more than willing to help anyone who needs help over here. Likewise, I think the rest would reciprocate in the same way as well. Right?

BTW, just in case you have forgotten, you were the ONE that got me into buying the W2002.

Cheers !

wink.gif

Feb 8, 2002 at 12:43 AM Post #103 of 122
Welcome back Uvak my friend !

Actually, the way talk has been on this board I was worried that there was only one pair left in the whole world :)

It looked as if so many people had all of a sudden up and ordered these headphones .... well, I was worried you could still find them - I'm glad you did. I hope the trip was enjoyable and productive beyond simply running favors for those of us less occasioned to globetrotting.

Let me know if I can ever be of help!

Feb 8, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #105 of 122
Dear W2002 buyers,

I have received 5 orders/enquiries on the cans, however, I only managed to secure 2 pieces as of today.

I spoke to the shop this morning and ask how many more he is able to get. He will keep me tomorrow.

I will let you know exactly how many are still available through the Singapore retailer chain. Thenafter, it would be up to you to decide if you WANT them before they are all taken up by others. Do bear in mind that 3 pairs have been reserved (if available) for the 3 persons who have ordered earlier.

Seriously, I would prefer that we consolidate the order so that my friend can collect them in one go, instead of multiple trips.

Also, I JUST realised that I have to pay to cash out the money order. So, if you are planning to pay by money order, I would have to pass the cost to you. It is kinda funny to pay while I am just merely helping to buy the headphones.

So, for money order, please include an additional $15.

Happy Headphoning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back