Wood Grille for SR-60!!
Jun 8, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #17 of 24
Maybe you should have used audiophile grade pop sticks?
It prolly sounds best with no grill at all. Find a nonresonant material to make the most acousticly-open cover/protector you can find.
Maybe the front grill of an old Astatic D-104 microphone...lol.
Or maybe panty-hose,then you can choose a cool color,like black or white or nude?

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #18 of 24
Just get yourself a thin piece of hard wood and try again... either that or go all the way and make the entire housing out of posicle sticks.
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 24
I went to the Bose site for ideas, but all their really good stuff was made of very expensive untreated paper.
frown.gif

...hey! Speaking of paper. They do have different kinds of papers with different kinds of stuff blended in as parts of kits for crafting projects! It could be as porous or sealed as desired in a variety of designer colors and textures!

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #20 of 24
I'm not sure wood is the right solution for a grille. The whole idea in open headphones like SR-60s is to leave it as open as possible, which is why many people use steel/aluminum mesh as a substitute for the plastic that comes with it. It doesn't seem likely that you could make a wood screen that is as open as steel mesh.

Jun 8, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #21 of 24
I bet they'll show totally different sound signature!!

let us know about that!

Jun 8, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #22 of 24
[size=medium]PICTURES, MAN, PICTURES! Don't dangle the carrot in front of us and then give no pictures.[/size]
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back