Woo WA22, Liquid Fire, Trafomatic HeadOne, GS-1 w/ DACT, AMB B22 compared.
May 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #153 of 208
Should be interesting to see the comments of the new owner my previous LF.  Did I get a dud, who knows.  I'm more interested at this point to try the LCD-3 than roll through more amps.  Not too many come up for sale though.

May 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #154 of 208
Quote:
Should be interesting to see the comments of the new owner my previous LF.  Did I get a dud, who knows.  I'm more interested at this point to try the LCD-3 than roll through more amps.  Not too many come up for sale though.

Well, if you're ever in the GTA, you're more than welcome to drop by (beer fridge is stocked full).
smile.gif

May 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #155 of 208
And its official... any further amp comparisons will be off in the future.  If Mjolnir reviews come in saying its the second coming, I'll revisit the decision :wink:

Now who wants to talk me into getting an LCD-3 :p

May 20, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #156 of 208
Well that didn't take long.  Incoming LCD-3 :D  I'll take the time to get some head time with it before I run it against the Rev2.  And really truly hope that after that I can just stop and enjoy my rig!

May 20, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #158 of 208
Well that didn't take long.  Incoming LCD-3 :D  I'll take the time to get some head time with it before I run it against the Rev2.  And really truly hope that after that I can just stop and enjoy my rig!

Very nice, wish my wife is that understanding on headphone purchase.

May 20, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #160 of 208
Quote:
Well, if you're ever in the GTA, you're more than welcome to drop by (beer fridge is stocked full).
smile.gif

I am a transplanted TO-tian and wish you had extended the invite to me
beerchug.gif
when I was in TO a couple of months back.

May 21, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #165 of 208
What was surprising to me is where great solid state started.  Both of the all tube amps had more complete instrument texture and detail.  It was quite shocking since I pretty much avoided tubes for the last decade thinking they were outdated tech that only continued to exist for nostalgia reasons :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back