WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Jun 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #451 of 2,600
Hello everyone -
I'm probably doing many things wrong, but I just got my WA7 and I can't seem to be able to set up my output on my Macbook Pro's Audio MIDI Setup to 24-bit Integer. It is stuck on 16 bit and is not selectable. The WA7 is simply plugged into my computer via USB. I read through the thread but couldn't find any similar issues so it's most likely my fault, feel free to point it out 
regular_smile .gif

Edit: In case it matters, the USB cable I am using is this one

Edit #2: Never mind, it was the USB port. I'm leaving the post in case anyone has the same problem!

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #452 of 2,600
Quote:
Hello everyone -
I'm probably doing many things wrong, but I just got my WA7 and I can't seem to be able to set up my output on my Macbook Pro's Audio MIDI Setup to 24-bit Integer. It is stuck on 16 bit and is not selectable. The WA7 is simply plugged into my computer via USB. I read through the thread but couldn't find any similar issues so it's most likely my fault, feel free to point it out 
regular_smile .gif

Edit: In case it matters, the USB cable I am using is this one

Edit #2: Never mind, it was the USB port. I'm leaving the post in case anyone has the same problem!

I had the same issue a couple of times - simply unplugging the usb cable and connecting it again has fixed it on my iMac.

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #455 of 2,600
Quote:
It shouldn't, I currently use my win 7 setup as 32 bit with 6ms latency without any problems

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

how did you get the 32bit to show up? on my audio dev. Only shows up to 24/192. 

Do I have to have some type of special software to see the 32bit? 

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #456 of 2,600
it's within foobar2000. YOU go to preferences and in the output select C-Media USB. Than in ASIO double click ASIO for C-Media USB device to get control panel and select 32/32bit

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #457 of 2,600
Quote:
how did you get the 32bit to show up? on my audio dev. Only shows up to 24/192. 

Do I have to have some type of special software to see the 32bit? 

I had to download the Asio for all right? in order to make this work ?  
http://www.asio4all.com/

then i do what you said? 

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #459 of 2,600
Quote:
I'm using ASIO plugin for Foobar2000 from the components page, no ASIO4ALL

Got it, setup and ready, but how you stop the stutering on the music?

mm It went away lol 

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #461 of 2,600
If you use the camera connection kit USB interface to a powered hub such as a Belkin F5U234 with external power supply the WA7 should work with an iPad. The WA7 DAC needs power from the USB interface and by itself the iPad doesn't supply USB power.

Update:

I tried it as described above and locked up the iPad both times tried, requiring a reboot each time. It appears the answer is no.
:frown:

Jul 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #465 of 2,600
no issue with crosstalk... one interesting thing i noticed the other day however is after powering off the WA7 it continues to play at volume for a good 30 seconds.  Definitely no shortage of reserve power in those supply caps.  Is this normal for a tube amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back