WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Apr 13, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #2,491 of 2,600
D4424AFB-F332-49E1-B2C3-AB1CBF3934A0.jpeg
Uhh. Maybe we should’ve been more specific. The ones I had were the Mullard CV4003 that look like this. If I recall correctly they did have equal or slightly less bass than stock. If you want more bass but also better everything else than stock go with the Sylvania JAN 5814. They’re like $30-$40 and sound delicious.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #2,493 of 2,600
Yes that's what I have but mine have 83 44 on bottom line

Yeah not sure about those. They’re probably the right ones still. I wasn’t a fan of them. Too flat, no fun. Sylvania JAN 5814 was the move. That or impossible to find Hytrons. What headphones are you using?

Apr 14, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #2,495 of 2,600
I ordered the Jan's then change the order to mullards I'm using LCD-2f
I will probably order the Jan's again lol
Ha! Smart. I really tried to get into the Mullards sound, but it just wasn’t for me.

Apr 26, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #2,499 of 2,600
Just scored the silver WA7....very nice...oh and did i say the sound is great too. Looking forward to a bit of tube rolling with it and also anybody tried MrSpeakers cans on this sweet thing specifically MrSpeakers' ETHER 2 headphone.
IMG_1221.JPG

May 1, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #2,500 of 2,600
Hi

I have a new WA7+tp I have a problem I hope someone can help with..the issue is that if they are placed closer than 4” I get hum I have tried different power cable and position and power outlet still have the problem I have contacted woo audio who told me to do those things.
I don't get any hum on the 3.5mm output
all the images see show them very close together they did suggest sending back for them to check it over at a cost to me plus shipping costs from UK I really don't want to do that.
Any ideas or if anyone has experienced this issue please let me know.
Thanks

May 1, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #2,501 of 2,600
Hi

I have a new WA7+tp I have a problem I hope someone can help with..the issue is that if they are placed closer than 4” I get hum I have tried different power cable and position and power outlet still have the problem I have contacted woo audio who told me to do those things.
all the images see show them very close together they did suggest sending back for them to check it over at a cost to me plus shipping costs from UK I really don't want to do that.
Thanks
I have never had mine so close together . Surely the point of separate power supply is to separate and avoid interference issues . Put them 5" apart .

May 7, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #2,504 of 2,600
Hi

Thanks
Like others have mentioned I have never experienced this problem but also never had the units closer than 6 inches or so. What kind of table are they on, metal, wood? If metal, it could be an issue.

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back