WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Jun 18, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #2,131 of 2,600
  Hey guys, have the option to buy this as an upgrade for my bottlehead crack + speedball running upgraded tubes. Anyone know if it's going to be worth the upgrade?T

The WA7 is really a work of art as well as a nice performer.

I plan to build a bottlehead crack at some point because of what I have read about this OTL amp, and would not expect the WA7 to be an upgrade except in the looks department.

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #2,134 of 2,600
  The WA7 is really a work of art as well as a nice performer.

I plan to build a bottlehead crack at some point because of what I have read about this OTL amp, and would not expect the WA7 to be an upgrade except in the looks department.

Interesting so you'd say there wouldn't be much of a sonic upgrade to the crack? Also to the above post i think the 7236 has a bit better mids and also the highs aren't as harsh.

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #2,136 of 2,600
Just curious, any particular reason why? The shipping WA7 will sound better than the shipping WA7d. Slightly regretting getting the more expensive model now.

WA7 with TI DAC have been in production since 2012 and there are many customers who prefers that sound. We keep WA7d unchanged for those customers.

The update could be worth the money if it will increase power to drive the HE1000 to its full potential rather than having to buy a whole new amp for those of us who purchased the original WA7.

We recommend HE-560 or Edition X for the ideal pairing with WA7. Synergy is more important than having the top dog.

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #2,138 of 2,600
Could someone please tell me how do I set my wa7 for 24 bit 384kHz? I got the second generation, but xmos interface won't let me touch anything, and Windows interface only let me put it on 192kHz.
Z6QmP8S.jpg

Jun 30, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #2,139 of 2,600
Could someone please tell me how do I set my wa7 for 24 bit 384kHz? I got the second generation, but xmos interface won't let me touch anything, and Windows interface only let me put it on 192kHz. 

Did you install the audio driver from our site?

http://wooaudio.com/products/wa7fireflies.html

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #2,142 of 2,600
I'd love to read some impressions on the 2nd edition of the Wa7 myself, especially in comparison with the 1st generation.

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #2,143 of 2,600
Yes, the picture I show is your audio driver.

The audio player controls the output. Check to ensure the application is set correctly and that the music file being played is above 24/192kHz.

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #2,144 of 2,600
Guys, need help!

I have a WA7 and a WA7TP  around a year or so. Just awhile ago, i have heard some of my stuff through foobar and found that the sound is cracking real bad with quite a fair bit of noise and distortion. This is my first tube amp and i'm not exactly sure which tube is giving issues on which device.

Some of the things i've observed

1) WA7TP left tube lights up more brightly than the other tubes when first switched on.

2) Sometimes there is only one side of the sound that is being played on my headphone, i have to adjust and move the back of the D/A / USB / RCA before i get both channels playing through my headphone. 

I'm not exactly sure if its the tubes that is the issue or the fuse that is gone. Anyone has any idea or similar experience?

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #2,145 of 2,600
I just got the HE-X 4 days ago here in HK. I am a rookie here never tried tubes but ready to jump in. I am trying to decide if the WA7 or the WA8 is better for me. I am plug and play kind of guy. Won't ever roll tubes. I have the AQ RED and the Mojo. I am living now in Vietnam, HCMC. Warm all year round. I can get the WA8 in Taiwan. Which will be more trouble free? Also, the two will never leave my house. Money is not a factor. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back