WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Jun 7, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #2,116 of 2,600
It is a lot of money. It will be nice to read some reviews of generation 2 to see if it's much of an improvement.

Jun 11, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #2,118 of 2,600
It is a lot of money. It will be nice to read some reviews of generation 2 to see if it's much of an improvement.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/688-woo-audio-wa7-fireflies/

Quote:
wow, that's about double what I was hoping to spend.  Plus you have to consider shipping and return shipping will add another $60 or so and a couple weeks turn around I imagine.

Price is not finalized... The cost would include shipping by insured FedEx Ground (both ways) for CONUS customers with service timeframe of 24 hrs. turnaround. Right now, WA8 Eclipse orders are overwhelming our production staff. A good problem to have I guess. Once we're caught up, we'll open the upgrade option for original WA7 owners in batches.

Jun 13, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #2,119 of 2,600
I have just spent my first weekend with my new WA7, I am in love!

As an engineer I really appreciate the incredible design/build of the Woo, I'm now in great danger of convincincing myself I need more, WA8, WA234...
I won't try and describe the sound, or compare it to my Mojo - it sounds wonderful to my ear, and I couldn't be happier!
I will comment on the excelent service however, I placed an order on 7th June and it was delivered to my home in the UK on the 10th. The packaging was superb - you may have seen unboxing videos, if not have a search of you tube.

Not much more to say really.
Happy to answer any sensible questions :)

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #2,120 of 2,600
I have just spent my first weekend with my new WA7, I am in love!

As an engineer I really appreciate the incredible design/build of the Woo, I'm now in great danger of convincincing myself I need more, WA8, WA234...
I won't try and describe the sound, or compare it to my Mojo - it sounds wonderful to my ear, and I couldn't be happier!
I will comment on the excelent service however, I placed an order on 7th June and it was delivered to my home in the UK on the 10th. The packaging was superb - you may have seen unboxing videos, if not have a search of you tube.

Not much more to say really.
Happy to answer any sensible questions
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you for sharing your experience. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #2,122 of 2,600
Price is not finalized... The cost would include shipping by insured FedEx Ground (both ways) for CONUS customers with service timeframe of 24 hrs. turnaround. Right now, WA8 Eclipse orders are overwhelming our production staff. A good problem to have I guess. Once we're caught up, we'll open the upgrade option for original WA7 owners in batches.

If the price is too high, customers are just better off buying an external DAC. I was hoping it would be more like $200 personally.

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #2,123 of 2,600
I have not heard the upgrade, and too am considering my options. But as I understand it, there are multiple upgrades:

1. Power supply for the DAC
  2. The DAC itself
  3. Improved amplifier section

The last improvement would alter the entire sound of the WA7, such that you could not replicate this by simply upgrading to an external DAC.

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #2,125 of 2,600
  Is the WA7d not updated?  Just noticed the webpage doesn't list new specs for it.  I have a WA7d + WA7tp.

There are no plans to update WA7d. This product will remain in our products portfolio. 

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #2,129 of 2,600
  Hey guys, have the option to buy this as an upgrade for my bottlehead crack + speedball running upgraded tubes. Anyone know if it's going to be worth the upgrade?

The original WA7 + tp is a pretty impressive kit so we can only assume the upgraded one will be even better.  Don't know much about the bottlehead but isn't that an OTL?  I'd say that might be better for high impedance cans like the T1 if you don't need a DAC.  Unless you are only running high impedance cans I would say the WA7 kit is going to outperform the crack and include a good DAC so it really depends on what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back