WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Mar 5, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #1,126 of 2,600
Congrats!
From impressions by some of the users, seem like SQ wise:
EH Gold pins > Cryo > Stock = NOS Reflector (in descending order).

Think it's worth trying to get my hands on we437?

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #1,128 of 2,600
Why does that recently posted pic of the tube power supply have a volume knob? There isn't going to be a volume knob on the PSU is there?

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #1,130 of 2,600
Got the matched 6c45 cryo treated tubes from tubeman.com .    Very nice.  To me they have a wider soundstage and the sound is crisper.  Not sure how else to describe them.  I definetly think they are worth it over the stock tubes. I did like the stock tubes as well but these take things up a notch.

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #1,131 of 2,600
  Hi,

I connect notebook to WA7, there are a lot of output options in Jriver

1. ASIO for C-Media USB Device, it play the song but show 24/96 input to 16/96 output

2. TUSB Audio ASIO Driver, not play song, show error message "Play back could not be started on output ASIO using the format 96kHz-2ch"

3.WASAPI, not play, show same error text

4. Direct Sound, play song with correct input/output details (in = 24/96, out = 24/96)

5. USB 2.0 High Speed True HD Stereo (Direct Sound), play song but some time show (in = 24/96, out = 24/96), some time show (in = 24/96, out =32/96).

Please kindly suggest which option will have the best sound. My notebook use Windows 8.1. My Headphones are ATH-W1000, ATH-W5000 and ATH-ESW11LTD

Thanks

Just want to share with anyone that have same problem. To make it short

My problem is, playing from Jriver, output always 16 bit (ASIO mode), every album, 24/96, 24/192, 32/192 are all out at 16.

I'm try to find the answer from Jriver web board, but most of answer there are "your DAC is not have enough capacity to support bit rate"

I just found the solution yesterday, WA7 driver has default setting at 16 bit in JRiver. I change to 32 bit and problem solved.

Tools -> Option -> Device Settings -> Device Control Panel -> set to 32 bit.

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #1,132 of 2,600
Ok, I just picked up a used (absolutely MINT condition) set of HD650's.  I'm enjoying these a lot more than I thought I would.  I got them for a steal, so I couldn't resist.  I was really enjoying my DT880 600ohm, but these seem to take it up to a completely new level.  Now, having said that I have an order in for the EH goldpin tubes.  Will my grin increase even more once I get them?

Mar 9, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #1,134 of 2,600
  Ok, I just picked up a used (absolutely MINT condition) set of HD650's.  I'm enjoying these a lot more than I thought I would.  I got them for a steal, so I couldn't resist.  I was really enjoying my DT880 600ohm, but these seem to take it up to a completely new level.  Now, having said that I have an order in for the EH goldpin tubes.  Will my grin increase even more once I get them?

if you did read the thread, i am sure you would had the answer, there is a search button :p type EH Tube.

anyway the Treble is rolled of on the stock tube, the sound is warm and mellow, where the EH tubes will give you more kind of a sound that is near the solid state amps but not same sparkle in the treble region, the pico amps still sparkle even more, but the difference between the EH and Stock is really big, and will make you grin even more

that being said, i don't know what does make you grin? it is warm lush mellow sound sig? or More Detail and fun in the sound with avoiding treble/bass lost?  chose the EH or Stock depending and what make you grin ^^ 

hope that i helped you.

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #1,135 of 2,600
I spend two days compare the sound of using this program http://www.windowsxlive.net/fidelizer-5-0-released-major-update-with-windows-88-1-fully-compatible/

I think I'm happy with this freeware, it make music file especially my 16/44.1 own EAC ripped files sound less digital, more smooth. It's worth to try, If you don't like it just delete it.

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #1,136 of 2,600
*sigh*

Now they are releasing a version of the WA7 with optical included. Why not have done that from the beginning... that was the one thing I wanted when I looked at the WA7 for the first time. Kind of pissed.

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #1,137 of 2,600
  *sigh*

Now they are releasing a version of the WA7 with optical included. Why not have done that from the beginning... that was the one thing I wanted when I looked at the WA7 for the first time. Kind of pissed.

tell me about!! that would solve my PS3 switching problems!! LOOL!!

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #1,138 of 2,600
  tell me about!! that would solve my PS3 switching problems!! LOOL!!

Yes exactly! I have the HDMI sound going to my monitor, then out the 1/8" jack on the monitor, then to a 1/8" to RCA splitter into the back on my WA7. the noise floor is so bad through the monitor. theres a consistent buzzing sound that i stopped trying that setup and have it going through my swans m50w so that i can't hear the buzzing as bad.

Mar 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #1,139 of 2,600
*sigh*

Maybe they will offer a reduced intro price on the new unit. You can sell yours and get the new model? I have the original as well BTW. I just bought it a month ago.

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #1,140 of 2,600
hear the new units also have sabre's best DAC in them and some fat usb isolation caps... 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back