WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!!
Jan 17, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #901 of 2,600
Mine only shows up to 48k as well... never tried unplugging it while on.  i was wondering about this too actually since i am setting up a multi device with another dac i have and wanted to assure both are at the same rated sample rate. setting the multi device to include another dac and syncing the rate to that dac at 96 does seem to work with the WA7 though so not sure what the real rate is.

I have encountered this with my iMac too - just unplug your usb cable and plug it back in and it's fixed.

Jan 18, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #902 of 2,600
Haven't read this topic. But. Just have to ask. Why the F(pardon my French) you made the glass w/o strong conjuction? Srsly must make ppl nervous putting it back after every time they move it for few mm accidently  touching it.

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #903 of 2,600
  Haven't read this topic. But. Just have to ask. Why the F(pardon my French) you made the glass w/o strong conjuction? Srsly must make ppl nervous putting it back after every time they move it for few mm accidently  touching it.

It stays on there pretty well, and trust me, this thing will not move, if I remember correctly, its 13 pounds..

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #904 of 2,600
I think at the least they should have affixed those little clear triangle rubber feet to the amp.  Kind of a hassle those things and easy to lose.

Got the TubMan tubes and they are awesome!  NOS Cryo-treated, very nice.  Sound better then the EH IMHO.

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #905 of 2,600
So then, is the DAC upgradable like, say, a Bifrost? Also, is there any standalone amp in Woo's lineup that sounds like a WA7?

Anyone?

Jan 19, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #907 of 2,600
Still wishing someone would show the WA7 internals... perhaps there is a DAC upgrade option in terms of pin compatible chip. Also would like to know how the DAC ref rails are or aren't isolated from the usb power.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #908 of 2,600
I think at the least they should have affixed those little clear triangle rubber feet to the amp.  Kind of a hassle those things and easy to lose.

Got the TubMan tubes and they are awesome!  NOS Cryo-treated, very nice.  Sound better then the EH IMHO.

I ordered the nos cryo tubes also and right out of the box they are way better than the Sovteks. Glad I got them - thanks for the heads up!

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #909 of 2,600
I finally bit the bullet and got the Fireflies. Now I'm on the hunt for cans to pair this with.

I know that this is very subjective.

Any suggestions on what pair to get?
Hd800
Hifiman 6
Audeze lcd-x
Audeze lcd-x3

I prefer the hd800. Just not sure if the wa7 will really give it justice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #910 of 2,600
HD800 is a good choice.
To me, WA7 managed to tame down the 800 treble that can be fatiguing for longer listening session and add some weight to the bass.
If you think the HD800 deserves better, you can always aim for WA7 bigger brothers like the WA2 or 22 in the future when you think you have outgrown the WA7.... lol!
The planars are not for me as my treshold for their discomfort level is quite low.
I can only listen to the LCD2/3 for 20-30 minutes as I can't take the weight and it's clamping force

Jan 20, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #911 of 2,600
Ive got the hd800 and wa7. The bleeding highs and siblance are still there.... maybe because im using silver cables.... but I think I have outgrown the wa7... just ordered 2 x questyle cma800r and a yulong da8 to be my end game setup

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #915 of 2,600

There was a topic regarding this a few months back. I think the conclusion was that the DAC in the WA7 was slightly better than the bifrost. If you look up "how good is the wa7 dac?" or something along those lines you will find the thread. Started by Sonido.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back