Woo Audio WA234 Mono Blocks, AKG K1000, and Abyss....
May 8, 2014 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
Your chance to hear one of the BEST headphones systems on the planet is about to come.  We will have the WA234 Mono Block amplifiers and the Abyss Headphones along with the legendary AKG K1000 headphones on hand for demos.  Visit us in room 902 at the Hilton Hotel during T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach and have the listening experience of a lifetime.  

In addition to the main attraction, we will have up to nine systems for you to audition.  So come spend some time with us at the show!

http://theshownewport.com/visitors/index.html

May 9, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 11
  I'm looking forward to auditioning all the gear in Room 901. Thanks for the heads up, Michael.

Great!  We look forward to meeting you.  Find us in room 902 
wink.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #7 of 11
Had a long listen to these in Melbourne last week. I just could get on with he Abyss, I am sure it was a combination of factors, they didn't fit well, my partner was laughing at me wearing them! Anyway I couldn't hear the magic the LCD-3's had, sure the Abyss had more bass etc etc, but in magic.

The Woo's are a different matter, I'm afraid I fell in love and I don't think I can resist. I am trying to rationalise it by thinking of all the future upgrading pain I will be saving...

Madness!!

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #8 of 11
  Had a long listen to these in Melbourne last week. I just could get on with he Abyss, I am sure it was a combination of factors, they didn't fit well, my partner was laughing at me wearing them! Anyway I couldn't hear the magic the LCD-3's had, sure the Abyss had more bass etc etc, but in magic.

The Woo's are a different matter, I'm afraid I fell in love and I don't think I can resist. I am trying to rationalise it by thinking of all the future upgrading pain I will be saving...

Madness!!

Glad you were able to check out our products at the show.  Sometimes a more private setting would yield better results when auditioning headphones.  Perhaps a visit to Addicted to Audio?  :)

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #9 of 11
Spent a whole day there on Monday with George and Ash, ended up buying the DaVinci and yes also seriously considering the 234's. Not the Abyss though, my partners jokes aside, (Frankenstein etc etc) neither of us felt comfortable and we both missed the magic mid range of the LCD-3's.

I am tube fanatic so have been trying to contact you this morning in fact re the 234's but couldn't reach you on the phone number on your web site?

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #10 of 11
  Spent a whole day there on Monday with George and Ash, ended up buying the DaVinci and yes also seriously considering the 234's. Not the Abyss though, my partners jokes aside, (Frankenstein etc etc) neither of us felt comfortable and we both missed the magic mid range of the LCD-3's.

I am tube fanatic so have been trying to contact you this morning in fact re the 234's but couldn't reach you on the phone number on your web site?

Sorry that we missed your call.  We try to be by the phone as much as possible.  :)  You are welcome to email me or Jack directly or PM here.  

- mike@wooaudio.com

- jack@wooaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back