Woo Audio WA2 and WA22 Comparisons...finally finished...whew.
May 20, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #46 of 63
I emailed Woo and asked if the WA22 receives an unbalanced signal, does it output a fully balanced signal and their response was yes. Don't know about it operating at half power though.

May 26, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #47 of 63
  I emailed Woo and asked if the WA22 receives an unbalanced signal, does it output a fully balanced signal and their response was yes. Don't know about it operating at half power though.

They changed it since this thread was started. They inserted conversion units. Basically the newWA22's are thus converting unbalanced to balanced from the viewpoint of the amp. Older WA22 can have these converters installed by Woo - but you will have to pay for the cost, of course. 

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #49 of 63
  Dear all,

I did something stupid, I just bought a pair of ecc 33 from eBay, it is for my wa22. 
can I use them? Did anyone try to do that? 

My god~ Help. 

The title of this page says yes (ECC33 = 6SN7GT).

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #50 of 63
  Dear all,

I did something stupid, I just bought a pair of ecc 33 from eBay, it is for my wa22. 
can I use them? Did anyone try to do that? 

My god~ Help. 

they are not equivalent to 6SN7 but it can be used directly.  Below is a direct link to our tubes compatibility chart for your reference.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DdsZyTx3CJv9_cG9kVdCGZap-AldiTsvuY4Ms1K_p3k/pub?hl=en&output=html

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #51 of 63
Dear HiFiGuy528,

Sounds good! It is a good new for me~ and the list is professional. I will try them on my wa22. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks a lot. have a nice day!

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #52 of 63
FedEx tells me that my WA22 will be here tomorrow. I'm so excited to try it out. I got all the upgraded tubes on the Woo Audio site and can't wait to set it up.  I will have an Emotiva DC-1 feeding a balanced single to it and I have 4 PIN headphone connectors for my PM-3 and Mr Speaker Ethers (should be here soon, too) but I'm wondering if anybody is also using this as a preamp to powered monitors? Can I use the R/L 3 PIN XLR connections to them?

Jul 30, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #53 of 63
  FedEx tells me that my WA22 will be here tomorrow. I'm so excited to try it out. I got all the upgraded tubes on the Woo Audio site and can't wait to set it up.  I will have an Emotiva DC-1 feeding a balanced single to it and I have 4 PIN headphone connectors for my PM-3 and Mr Speaker Ethers (should be here soon, too) but I'm wondering if anybody is also using this as a preamp to powered monitors? Can I use the R/L 3 PIN XLR connections to them?

Congratulations!  We look forward to pics and your listening impressions.  Be sure to allow the amplifier and tubes to burn-in for approx. 50-100 hrs. for best results.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #54 of 63
@sweetsdream, Congratulations on your 22. I know how that anticipation feels like. Ifelt the same while waiting for my WA2 which arrived a couple of months ago.
FWIW, while waiting for another dac to arrive I used the 2 as a preamp in the big rig and LOVED it. It helped that I had outstanding NOS Amperex 6dj8s in there. : - )
Enjoy it, and show some pics please!

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #55 of 63

Here's a quick and dirty picture. I also got WA7d/tp setup but haven't even hooked them up yet. I use Roon for music on my iMac (I'm listening to An Evening with Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea Live) and it sounds amazing already. I've only had it on for about 10hrs so far.

I use an Emotiva DC-1 balanced out to powered Airmotiv4s and to WA22 using a splitter. I have the volume on the DC-1 set to fixed then the Emotiva Control Freak to adjust volume on the monitors. 

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #57 of 63

Here's a quick and dirty picture. I also got WA7d/tp setup but haven't even hooked them up yet. I use Roon for music on my iMac (I'm listening to An Evening with Herbie Hancock and Chick Corea Live) and it sounds amazing already. I've only had it on for about 10hrs so far.

I use an Emotiva DC-1 balanced out to powered Airmotiv4s and to WA22 using a splitter. I have the volume on the DC-1 set to fixed then the Emotiva Control Freak to adjust volume on the monitors. 

Nice desktop system!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back