Woo Audio WA11 Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
May 15, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #46 of 774
Thanks for the answers.

I did some more reading about USB-C, and I found some people saying that there is no OTG-functionality on USB-C to USB-C cables. The places where I read are definitely not certified sources of accurate information, so maybe someone with proper knowledge can tell me how it really is. Is the OTG-functionality taken out of the USB-C to USB-C cables?

The WA11 has two USB-C ports, how do they function exactly?
Is it required to have non-OTG cable, or is it required to have OTG cable, or does WA11 work with both cables?

Nice to hear that there will be short cable included :)

May 16, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #47 of 774
It should be feasible without an USB-C to USB-C with OTG cable, by using a normal USB-C to USB-C cable. But of course USB-C is very complex and it may not be supported in the chip that woo is using. For a 1k+ device I think they should implement it for a standar cable.

OTG is only required for Andriod devices.

One port for data, one port for charging. This allows the user to play and charge the battery at the same time.

May 16, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #48 of 774
OTG is only required for Andriod devices.

One port for data, one port for charging. This allows the user to play and charge the battery at the same time.
What I meant was that the connection between the WA11 and a USB-C Android device should be feasible via a USB-C to USB-C standard cable without needing a special one.

May 17, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #51 of 774
What I meant was that the connection between the WA11 and a USB-C Android device should be feasible via a USB-C to USB-C standard cable without needing a special one.

"Standard" cable or "special" OTG-cable (when using with 'Android USB-C phone'), which one is needed, or do both work?

I would love to get an answer to this question, and I think this is important information for the future owners of this product.

I'm sure someone in the company knows this. I just hope he/she reads this forum and has the time to write an answer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back