Woo Audio WA11 Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
May 6, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #16 of 774
Thanks Jude and your team for putting up a great video in such a short time. We have been holding our breath for a while. Here is the product page you can get more information for the WA11 PASSPORT.

https://wooaudio.com/amplifiers/wa11

All my best,
Jack

Nice job, Jack. I remember when you guys were just getting started. Good luck with the new product.

May 7, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #19 of 774
But the 4.4mm plug means either an adapter or a new cable.

Ehh, a new plug invites change... look at apple and their lightning connector making millions of devices useless.... mini-b to micro-b, and now micro-b to usb-c... millions of more accessories and cables going to waste for a new standard.

4.4mm will replace other portable balanced options soon enough on new devices... 3.5mm TRRS can get confusing for consumers dealing with mics, 2.5mm is too small and snaps easily, Kobiconn/Mini XLR/hirose are all too bulky. full-sized XLR is way too bulky for all but the largest portable devices. 2x3.5mm on a portable is honestly terrible.

But enough of that and back on topic...

I was looking at the dimensions...

It's about 2cm larger on both width and height, and almost twice as thick as the Oppo HA-2. Compared to a Samsung Note 8, the WA11 is about 1cm shorter, and 1cm wider (while also being quite a bit thicker!), if anyones after a size comparison!

May 7, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #20 of 774
If Woo audio managed to keep the woo audio sound signature a lot of product will feel the pressure. I listen to my chord hugo after 3 months and like always I remember why I kept it, the sound is so easy to listen to, it is so effortless and it is warm without been thick which is what Mojo sounds like after going from Hugo.

I told a few amp maker that there is a market of 4.4mm amp, few of them just politely acknowledge their interest only so they can keep their customer happy.
People who purchase Woo audio do so because of their house sound quality. If they are able to maintain that sound in this price point that is when it will be competing with other brands. Many people love the sound of WA8 however the price pointed combined with its weight puts it right next to other product that are slightly more convenient and sound on par with WA8.

May 7, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #23 of 774
This looks nice, I am curious what it brings to the game (genuine question).
Time will tell
This looks nice, I am curious what it brings to the game (genuine question).
Hopefully we'll have some impressions soon, but one thing for sure is that this is quite powerful for a battery powered amp/DAC. I don't think there are very many battery powered portables that can output anything near 2 watts.

May 7, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #26 of 774
Thanks all for your feedback! The WA11 Jude reviewed was a pre-production that the final specs are yet to finalize. There will be some adjustments in the next few weeks before we prepare for production. It will only sound better!

I hope you can come to Munich High-End to hear them firsthand.

top.jpg

single.JPG

Thanks, Kimber Kable for making these beautiful AXIOS cables for MySphere headphones. And the USB-C OTG to USB-C short cable is super convenient.

Jack

May 7, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #28 of 774
I wonder if WA11 is the very first hifi-gear to use USB-C.

Has anyone seen other manufacturers using it, or is Woo Audio in fact the very first?
Nope, there are a bunch using it.

Cayin N3
Shanling M1
Shanling M2s
Shanling M3s
Shanling M0
iBasso DX200
iBassio DX150
Fiio M7

..and those are just the ones I can think of right now.

May 7, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #29 of 774
I wonder if WA11 is the very first hifi-gear to use USB-C.

Has anyone seen other manufacturers using it, or is Woo Audio in fact the very first?

Nope, there are a bunch using it.

Cayin N3
Shanling M1
Shanling M2s
Shanling M3s
Shanling M0
iBasso DX200
iBassio DX150
Fiio M7

..and those are just the ones I can think of right now.
Add to the list:
HiBy R6
HiBy R3

May 7, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #30 of 774
Can't think of a source component that has 4.4mm balanced line out. Most likely will need a dual 3 pin XLR to 4.4mm balanced adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back