Woo Audio WA-8
Apr 21, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #181 of 838

Forgot to update this thread: the pop disappeared after a few days of use. It disappeared completely. We had the WA8 (very same unit that 5 people confirmed the very loud pop) at a local meet up and - it's gone now. At the moment I have no access to other new WA8, so it could have been unit specific, anyhow, all that remains now is a brilliant sounding WA8...

It was funny when one guy switched it off to change the tube mode and forgot to unplug his headphones - then realized it and mentioned the pop was gone. Everyone who experienced it before didn't believe it and tried it - very hesitantly and with hands on the headphone to yank it off - but it really disappeared. I just wish it would have been like that from the beginning.

Cheers

Excellent news. Might have just been tubes needing burn-in.

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #182 of 838
Has someone already published a comparaison with the Alo Audio CDM ?

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #186 of 838
That's too bad, Raypin, but hopefully it will arrive sooner than expected. I just received a tracking number from Woo for my order. Hopefully I'll be over my cold before my WA8 is delivered.

May 5, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #191 of 838
mad.gif
  mmm.......where the heck is my WA8?!!! Getting impatient......

May 10, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #193 of 838
Just received mine this afternoon. So far it sounds very nice driving my Noble Savants.

Congrats Glad to hear they are being shipped. I haven't seen much buzz about people getting them yet. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back