Woo Audio TUBE mini Balanced Headphone Amplifier/DAC
Mar 9, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #301 of 330
Great synergy. Great sound! :L3000:

20240309_074605.jpg
20240309_074842.jpg

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #303 of 330
So, anyone have impressions of the power base from CanJam?

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #305 of 330
I'm thinking of getting the Tube mini with the power base but I just realised I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The power base and Tube mini would be 7-10 inches from the keyboard/mouse/laptop…

Quick question for Tube mini owners: do you experience any interferences around a laptop using Bluetooth connections (not to mention that the laptop is of course using WiFi for the Internet connection)?

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #306 of 330
I'm thinking of getting the Tube mini with the power base but I just realised I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The power base and Tube mini would be 7-10 inches from the keyboard/mouse/laptop…

Quick question for Tube mini owners: do you experience any interferences around a laptop using Bluetooth connections (not to mention that the laptop is of course using WiFi for the Internet connection)?
I run the tube mini right next to DAP using BT and WiFi. No issues.

Mar 17, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #308 of 330
No worries with BT or WiFi, just cellular. Keep in mind the cellular can also cause issues even if you’re not directly connected to the Mini, but it is much louder if the device with the cellular transmission is the one connected to the Mini.

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #310 of 330
I can confirm that Grado Hemp feels drastically expanded with tube mini.
The Tube Mini sounds great and works well with a number of headphones. I just wondering if the new Woo Audio base will do what it says. If it can indeed cut down on the tube ringing and quiet down some of the hissing with low sensitivity headphones then the asking price will be well worth it in my opinion. It sounds too good to have such these problems as many have identified.

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #311 of 330
I am about to get this thing, already had a listening session and loved it a lot, just wondering if I can connect the Tube Mini to something like a Fiio BTR5/7 or Gryphon via USB so it can receive BT signal ?

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #312 of 330
IMG_0027.jpeg

Initial impressions. Build quality is excellent. Solid aluminum except for the insert for the tube mini. It comes with a nice hard shell carry case and two substantial cables.

I much prefer this to a loose dongle. The SQ of the mini is so close to the WA8, that adding the base is worth the upgrade. You’re still not even 45% cost of the WA8. Is it vital? No. You can blow money on worse things.

Apr 3, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #314 of 330

Initial impressions. Build quality is excellent. Solid aluminum except for the insert for the tube mini. It comes with a nice hard shell carry case and two substantial cables.

I much prefer this to a loose dongle. The SQ of the mini is so close to the WA8, that adding the base is worth the upgrade. You’re still not even 45% cost of the WA8. Is it vital? No. You can blow money on worse things.
Is the Tube Mini very secure in the stand? Does it move around at all?

Apr 4, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #315 of 330
Is the Tube Mini very secure in the stand? Does it move around at all?

Very secure. The tube mini doesn't wiggle when plugged in. The base has some sort of rubber feet that keeps it from sliding. It's fairy heavy as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back