Woo Audio TUBE mini Balanced Headphone Amplifier/DAC
Mar 3, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #271 of 330
Mar 3, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #273 of 330
Talk about Ripping off Audiophile consumers....

I'm hoping that's just a placeholder since the page/accessories page doesn't have the power base listed.

If it isn't, that's a hard justification. The Tube Mini itself is $499 so this being more than half the unit is crazy.

I get that this is an expensive hobby and these are enthusiast products but that's extremely difficult to justify now.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #276 of 330
That price would be kind of unreal. I guess we have to see what performance uplift it enables, but it really seems high for a battery and a dock. Could we not just get a stand, a small power bank, and a USB splitter like the iBasso one? I would love to know if there is anything else going on in there to justify the price - seems like it would need to be quite a lot…

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #277 of 330
That price would be kind of unreal. I guess we have to see what performance uplift it enables, but it really seems high for a battery and a dock. Could we not just get a stand, a small power bank, and a USB splitter like the iBasso one? I would love to know if there is anything else going on in there to justify the price - seems like it would need to be quite a lot…

They just updated the description from last night I think so there's more details there.

But price still looks like it'll be $299 so guess it's not a place holder.

Maybe they're charging the premium for... the vibration control system? I have no idea. Not to sound childish or go full hyperbole but it's kind of soured my enjoyment of the Tube Mini a little bit.

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #278 of 330
They just updated the description from last night I think so there's more details there.

But price still looks like it'll be $299 so guess it's not a place holder.

Maybe they're charging the premium for... the vibration control system? I have no idea. Not to sound childish or go full hyperbole but it's kind of soured my enjoyment of the Tube Mini a little bit.

I wouldn't call Woo a budget company by any means. $500 for a tube dongle is steep. Their headphone stands, for example, are close to $200.

$299 for a battery powered dock is not a surprise. It's not made in China and is likely milled aluminum. Being assembled in New York doesn't help.

None of this should affect your enjoyment of the tube mini. I wish it were $99 or even $199, but alas it isn't. I did preorder one. The combo should get me to 80% of the WA8 but much more portable.

Mar 4, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #279 of 330
I wouldn't call Woo a budget company by any means. $500 for a tube dongle is steep. Their headphone stands, for example, are close to $200.

$299 for a battery powered dock is not a surprise. It's not made in China and is likely milled aluminum. Being assembled in New York doesn't help.

None of this should affect your enjoyment of the tube mini. I wish it were $99 or even $199, but alas it isn't. I did preorder one. The combo should get me to 80% of the WA8 but much more portable.

Totally understand that they're a boutique audiophile company so I was originally expecting $199. But it's way too steep for my tastes. But you're right, their headphone stands are pricey too as is a 3D printed mount for one of the other dac/amps. So it shouldn't have been a shocker.

It probably shouldn't sour me on the Tube Mini but it still kind of does. But that's my own personal gripe. Not expecting others to share the same feelings about it at all.

Mar 5, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #280 of 330
Totally understand that they're a boutique audiophile company so I was originally expecting $199. But it's way too steep for my tastes. But you're right, their headphone stands are pricey too as is a 3D printed mount for one of the other dac/amps. So it shouldn't have been a shocker.

It probably shouldn't sour me on the Tube Mini but it still kind of does. But that's my own personal gripe. Not expecting others to share the same feelings about it at all.
I’m with you, it does feel like a bit of a poor value. I was thinking $149-199. $299 is more than a Cayin RU7. I know that’s apples to oranges, but still it gives some context. I think the ick-factor here is the idea that if they want to sell us this for $299, did we overpay for the dongle? I had the feeling that the dongle is a good value at $499 for all the innovation and quality in it, but this makes me wonder more than I would like to.

Also, this is just my initial thought. I definitely reserve the right to change opinion based on what we find out about the power base - maybe it has an awesome baby-sized linear power supply or some other gizmo that I wouldn’t think of… So, initial thought, pretty skeptical, but we’ll judge it for real when we have all the facts…

Mar 5, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #282 of 330
I currently use dragonfly cobalt via samsung galaxy note 8 with qobuz via usb audio player pro.
Will this setup work with Tube Mini?

Yes it will.

Mar 6, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #283 of 330
Here !!! :L3000: :darthsmile: :gs1000smile:
20240306_145111.jpg

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #284 of 330
Mar 6, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #285 of 330
Hi guys !
Question: I connected the device to an Android phone. I listen to TIDAL via USB AUDIO PLAYER. The sound level can only be adjusted on the phone; on the device it does not respond. How can I change this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back