Woo Audio Owners. How many delays??
Jan 21, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #16 of 36
My WA6 was delivered as promised May of 2008.

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #17 of 36
Hi guys,

Can anyone from the UK give me some idea how long these amps take to clear customs?

From my tracking ref page "Into Foreign Customs, January 15, 2010, 9:32 pm, GREAT BRITAIN"

Cant find any numbers to give them a call to see whats going on unless anyione here has a number for them?

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #18 of 36
Seems like a delay has to do with WA22 and in recent trend.

My WA22 is taking 8+ weeks now, and I got quoted for 5-6 weeks. It's shipped today through USPS, so I am hoping to get it Saturday (They deliver on Saturday, right?).

In any rate, it's either the parts supply issue, or he's getting a lot of orders..

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by gt67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

Can anyone from the UK give me some idea how long these amps take to clear customs?

From my tracking ref page "Into Foreign Customs, January 15, 2010, 9:32 pm, GREAT BRITAIN"

Cant find any numbers to give them a call to see whats going on unless anyione here has a number for them?

Mine got through, with charges, the same day!

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #20 of 36
My WA6SE arrived on schedule (to the day actually). My WES actually came a bit early (5 weeks vs. quoted 6). That happened because I get my amps in black and Jack had a black chassis available and had to wait for silver.

Note my WES is the one that Jack used for the photos of the black WES on the site. I have the full component upgrade package (V-Caps etc), Treasure 6CA7s, Sophia 6SL7s and an ALPS RK50-4 Volume control. I have about 50 hours on it so far and all I can say is WOW. Already it is fantastic. I can't wait for the next 200 hours or so for it to really settle in. For the first few hours it was a bit edgy but that is all gone. Everytime I listen there is new level of sweetness. In a few weeks I'll post more about it (with photos). If you have the money (or your kids move out of the house) you owe it to consider to this beast. Work of art on all levels.

Jack and Co (as others have said) are a class outfit all around. Great products, great support and an overall drive to be a great partner.

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #21 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My WA6SE arrived on schedule (to the day actually). My WES actually came a bit early (5 weeks vs. quoted 6). That happened because I get my amps in black and Jack had a black chassis available and had to wait for silver.

Note my WES is the one that Jack used for the photos of the black WES on the site. I have the full component upgrade package (V-Caps etc), Treasure 6CA7s, Sophia 6SL7s and an ALPS RK50-4 Volume control. I have about 50 hours on it so far and all I can say is WOW. Already it is fantastic. I can't wait for the next 200 hours or so for it to really settle in. For the first few hours it was a bit edgy but that is all gone. Everytime I listen there is new level of sweetness. In a few weeks I'll post more about it (with photos). If you have the money (or your kids move out of the house) you owe it to consider to this beast. Work of art on all levels.

Jack and Co (as others have said) are a class outfit all around. Great products, great support and an overall drive to be a great partner.

Nice.

I've been eying WES myself, but my kids aren't helping much. When my kids grow up old enough and leave me alone, I definitely going to treat myself with it.

Share your impression of WES with some nice photos, will ya?

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #22 of 36
Good to know... when i order my WA2 I'll make sure I order a few weeks in advance of my b-day!

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #23 of 36
Though not an amp, I ordered a silver HPS-T headphone stand a few days ago. It said they will ship it within a week. The next day it was out for delivery. Should be here soon
k701smile.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #24 of 36
Ooooo... I envy you, man. I've been eying one of those for weeks. Unfortunately, no successful bites with my WTB used ad.
frown.gif
They are beautiful.

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #25 of 36
I emailed Jack a few weeks ago and asked about any "ready to ship" or imperfect products he had available. He replied saying he had a unit with a small ding that he would offer at a discount. It showed up 5 days later and I still can't locate the ding. If anyone is in a hurry, that might be an option. Based upon my experience thus far with Woo, I can't recommend them enough.

Jan 21, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #26 of 36
The fact that you can not find the ding does not surprise me a bit. When you look inside the amps and see the care that is taken routing the wires etc you know that these folks are focused on quality. These are area that 'normal' customers will never see. (None of us are normal though, I'm sure most look inside before we even turn the unit on :wink:

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice.

I've been eying WES myself, but my kids aren't helping much. When my kids grow up old enough and leave me alone, I definitely going to treat myself with it.

Share your impression of WES with some nice photos, will ya?

It seems you are inclined on getting the WES even after you own the WA6, is there much difference between the two, does it justify the extra cost.

Jan 22, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooooo... I envy you, man. I've been eying one of those for weeks. Unfortunately, no successful bites with my WTB used ad.
frown.gif
They are beautiful.

I checked out the FS forums for them before I made the purchase, it looked like it would have been a long wait to nab a double woo silver stand from the forums
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #29 of 36
Yes... an incredibly long wait. It's just a bit more expensive shipping those hefty stands to Canada, but I may just have to buy one new.

Jan 22, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #30 of 36
WES and W6 are two different types of amp that drives two different types of headphone.

Yes. I'd like to try the stax some day and with very best amp if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back