Woo Audio Electrostatic Energizer !! new product from Woo Audio
Nov 16, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #62 of 79
Thanks for your notes 'addict..

I would be interested in the WEE in a monster setup. Something like a Boulder 2050 or Krell One amp.. Just to see if you feed it with some 'no compromise' type equipment, would it respond in kind? Can it fit in an Audiophile chain, or is it really just an additional plug in with other lower end amps?

curious.

Cheers,
Mikey

Nov 16, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #63 of 79
I do not have the WEE but have tried my esc1001, SRD7SB and SRD7mk2 with various amps including a fully balanced B22 via the speaker out and other tube amps, used for driving normal home speakers, to drive my O2mk1. I have found that the result is much dependant on what is feeding it. I believe that the WEE ought to be the same as well.  

The tube amps include the audio note kassai, neiro, border patrol, almaro and so on. I own some of them or either had them in my house on extended trial periods (more than 1 month). I have found that the ones with massive power supplies injected the O2mk1 with plenty of life. An added active matched preamp did a lot as well.

For whatever the reson, I preferred the results from tube amps to the transistor amps.

As the WEE operates in a similar way to the other energizers, I believe that a "high power" front end should make a big difference to the sound presented.

Nov 17, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #65 of 79
Agreed. I mated it with a pair of Aragon Palladium monoblocs and it performed at a very high level.
Feed it great stuff and it will put out great stuff. In short, it delivers in spades.

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #66 of 79
HPA: thanks for your impressions.  It seems from what you wrote, the WEE is a winner but mainly for pro bias lambdas.  Also, how does it compare to your old GES?  It probably has been a while so thats okay if can't.  

This is aimed at people with good speaker amps who want to try Stax and doesn't seem really suited for O2s based on the impressions so far.  I am curious to see how the WEE paired with a modest speaker amp compare to the Stax amp offerings in the same price range power an O2.   

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #67 of 79

HPA: thanks for your impressions.  It seems from what you wrote, the WEE is a winner but mainly for pro bias lambdas.  Also, how does it compare to your old GES?  It probably has been a while so thats okay if can't.  

This is aimed at people with good speaker amps who want to try Stax and doesn't seem really suited for O2s based on the impressions so far.  I am curious to see how the WEE paired with a modest speaker amp compare to the Stax amp offerings in the same price range power an O2.   

No, I thought it was pretty clear that I only have normal bias Lambda which doesn't work on my son's WEE, and that the WEE sounded good with the O2 Mk1. Pretty much the opposite of what you said.

I haven't heard a GES in a year, so I can't compare.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #68 of 79
Whoops, I shouldn't be reading and posting after working for 13+ hours.  Reading comprehension fail there..  haha please ignore my previous post!

Nov 18, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #69 of 79
Hi There

Well I hope it will deliever because I have bought a use STAX SR007 MKII but without the amp. The Headphones are only 9 months old and look like new ( a part from the price I paid for it) But finding a use amp for the stax have been hard, but I think the WEE is my answer to a new level of HEAD FI :) I have used GRAD RS1 and RA1, for years but since I was young I have always wanted the STAX.

I plan to feed the WEE wíth a Metaxas Marquis & Solitaire combo, sounds brilliant even though the are old now http://www.metaxas.com/I bought mine in 1993. I have often change source but never felt the urge to change the pre and the power amp.

NOTE dont buy from Metaxas today since they sadly have trouble the quality of the newer products from the company. (Just ask an Australien)

Nov 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #70 of 79
Have you received your WEE yet and if so how did everything sound? I had excellent results with my Aragon Palladium monoblocs with the O2MK2 in addition to hooking up my AKG K1K to the speaker output terminals on the WEE.

Aug 14, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #71 of 79
WEE/Leben 300/O2 MKI sounds excellent using all Sylvania 5751 and 6BQ5 tubes.  Mullard EL84 were too warm/wooly for my tastes, but with the LCD-2 the Mullards are great/

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #72 of 79
And now tubenews has Serial #1 !!

He's got the amp to drive it.  I would forget any Class D style amp, now matter how powerful.  And maybe any SS amp for that matter.

Perhaps the Mullards were early break-up??  Late break-up original XF2's are so magic they make music sound good even when they are turned off.  Their mere presence in a room improves SQ.

Only half joking.

Aug 15, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #73 of 79
I'm thinking about about bringing a WEE to RMAF instead of my WES, since the WES is rather complicated to take apart and setup at another location and then bring home again.  I can drive the WEE with my Eddie Current ZDT, and I'll also bring a two chassis DIY KGSS with me for those who have never heard one.

BTW, since my last post I have tried a Lambda Nova Signature with the WEE and I thought it sounded better than the LNS did on my eXStatA.  I haven't compared the WES yet side by side because the WEE is in my son's bedroom rig 2 floors away from my WES rig.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #74 of 79
I am thinking in getting into an electrostatic system. I know I want the SR-009 for sure and in the long run I want the RSA A10 Thunderbolt to drive them and use it as pre-amp too but the combo is out of my reach right now.
I am planning on buying the SR-009 and a lower amp as first step to later upgrade to the A10. My question is, should I buy the SRM-727II ($2,200) or should I buy the WEE to use it with my Threshold T50 (50 watts/ch pure Class A) and Threshold T2 pre-amp?
I am using the T50 to drive the HE-6 and it does an amazing job so with the WEE I can have the SR-009 and HE-6 connected to it.
I know it is $1,500 difference but regardless of the cost difference which one do you think will sound better? Hopefully I will get the A10 in a year or so.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Aug 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #75 of 79
Sorry to bring back this thread but has anyone tried the Wee with any other amps? I'm looking for suggestions since I don't feel quite satisfied with my Wee + NAD C355 + lambda pros at the moment. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back