Woo Audio 6 SE, what power cord to buy?
Apr 29, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #17 of 37
I was browsing through another thread on power cords and found this post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And to provide the alternate viewpoint...

What difference does three feet of fancy cable make when the wiring in your walls and the wiring all the way to the power plant are standard zip cord? If there was a conductivity problem, it would be in your walls, not the few feet of cable connecting the wall socket with the amp.

A power conditioner is handy if you've got line noise from a refrigerator, xerox machine or A/C unit buzzing in through the power line, but for most applications a stock power cord and a fused power block is fine.

Unless of course you sleep better at night knowing your power cord costs more than most people's entire stereo systems.

See ya
Steve

I think this makes sense.

Apr 29, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by sohels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this makes sense.

Except it doesn't meet reality. Anyhow, the OP is asking what power cord to buy, not for an argument about whether they are worthless or not. If he doesn't get satisfaction from whatever he buys, he can always sell it.

Apr 29, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by JwangSDC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't realize I'd be needing a nice power cord...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyhow, the OP is asking what power cord to buy, not for an argument about whether they are worthless or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, please, spare us all the cable debate crap. recommendations only please.

In the context of the OP, I think it is perfectly valid to ask the question at least. They didn't realise they "needed" a nice power cord. Many people would say that they don't.

Apr 29, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the context of the OP, I think it is perfectly valid to ask the question at least. They didn't realise they "needed" a nice power cord. Many people would say that they don't.

Another cable thread trashed. Thanks Beefy.

Apr 29, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #22 of 37
Apr 29, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, please, spare us all the cable debate crap. recommendations only please.

OK I recommend a cheap power cable anything from Radioshack will do nicely.

Edit: Spend the rest on music

Apr 29, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be using Black Rhodium Jazz Super Mains Cable with my WA6SE when it arrives sometime early May 2009.

I just love the sales blurp:

“Jazz Super mains delivers all the sound and vision benefits of Fusion Super mains with the added benefits of higher current delivery. Experience a deeper and more powerful reproduction of lower frequencies. Feel the beat! Follow the tune that the double bass player is playing, appreciate just how hard the bass drum is struck or take in the power and majesty of the lowest notes of the symphony organ. Whatever your choice in music, JAZZ Super mains”

absolute gold!

Apr 29, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be using Black Rhodium Jazz Super Mains Cable with my WA6SE when it arrives sometime early May 2009.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just love the sales blurp:

I just love the fact that for the cost of two of those power cords, you could almost buy yourself a second WA6SE.

Apr 29, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #28 of 37
I asked Jack Wu when i bought my WA2. He said that any generic power chord would do just fine. I then bought one at a local DIY store for ca. 5$, and it's fine. If I should upgrade, I might spend some more, but that would be for the looks and the safe feeling, that I did everything I possibly could to make my system sound right. But first thing then would more likely be my source, the interconnect cables and some other stuff.

Apr 29, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some experienced WA6 users like Takezo have commented on how good the inexpensive Volex cord sounds, it should be a cheap experiment for you to try and see if it makes a difference to the sound to your ears

I use the inexpensive Volex cords on all my SP tube amps and the Volex works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back