Woo Audio 6 SE, what power cord to buy?
Apr 29, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by OutdoorXplorer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I salvage the power cord from a local seller at very reasonable price though... No regrets.

Congrats OutdoorXplorer, my comments were in jest
tongue.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #32 of 37
check the cable forum for tons of discussion on power cords and recommendations. Tube Audio Design. I'm happy with Iron Lung Jellyfish for $29 shipping included.

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #34 of 37
I think the Volex 17604 sounds great on my amp. I bought a couple of Zu Birth cords on ebay while Zu was still running their promotions, and I like them too. I now use the Zu's on my DAC and amp simply because I like how they look, but I think the Volex is all you would need for sound quality.

Apr 29, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the Volex 17604 sounds great on my amp. I bought a couple of Zu Birth cords on ebay while Zu was still running their promotions, and I like them too. I now use the Zu's on my DAC and amp simply because I like how they look, but I think the Volex is all you would need for sound quality.

I wanted the volex 17604 but my understanding was that the old gold pin made in mexico version is no longer available? Can you confirm/deny? I was told the new ones are made in china and have silver pins which are not up to par

Apr 29, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by JwangSDC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted the volex 17604 but my understanding was that the old gold pin made in mexico version is no longer available? Can you confirm/deny? I was told the new ones are made in china and have silver pins which are not up to par

My Chinese silver-pinned Volex cables work great. What's not to like about 'em?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back