Woo Audio 6 PDPS Photos and Tuberolling! Impressions
Jan 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #16 of 94
That is a beautiful looking amp. Can't wait to hear your impressions after its burned in!

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #17 of 94
Definitely going to give a full review of headphone pairings. I have some other thread more dedicated to a review I was "planning" on doing with reviewing all of my headphones...but that got put on hold.

Not only has the WA6 really made some headphones bloom, but really cause differences between headphones become more obvious, even between very similar headphones such as the Grado SR 225 and the MS-2

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #18 of 94
I ordered my WA6-SE on Dec 12th!
I am anxiously awaiting its arrival!
normal_smile .gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #19 of 94
About the same time I ordered mine! Jack must like me better :p

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #21 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Waaaaaaaaa!!!
I hope it arrives soon!

homer768568az5.jpg

I guess since we're both from Chicago area he figured...oh...one amp a year can only go to a city.

Naw, you'll get it soon enough. Since you're getting the SE I'm sure that takes longer to build. Should bring it to the upcoming central IL meet, we can compare
icon10.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #22 of 94
Quote:

I ordered my WA6-SE on Dec 12th!
I am anxiously awaiting its arrival!
normal_smile .gif

Nice pics! Congrats on the purchase.

BTW aren't all Rays crazy?
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #23 of 94
Wait.... till you get to the 100 hr burn in mark...................

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #25 of 94
Quote:

Jack said that my amp was sent out this morning with USPS Priority!

I hear there's a big rain storm coming, better hope your amp isn't swimming in water when it gets to you.

JUST KIDDING.

Grats on the amp man, you'll be sure to like it. Mine came in just 3 days, so you should have it by friday
biggrin.gif

I actually just ordered some tubes to experiment with some tube rolling...

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #28 of 94
I believe my WA6 maxed was the first one that Jack retrofitted with the PDPSU after I begged him in a few emails. He agreed to do it on 5/13/08 and I shipped on 5/14/08, and he shipped back to me on 5/26/08 which was fast turnaround of 1 week in his hands at most.

Because I was the first and it needed Blackgates to go with the others in my maxed WA6 it was $200, plus I paid $30 for return shipping. I don't mind paying that much at all. That mod plus a Sophia Princess rectifier brought mine to the level of Blutarsky's Zana Deux and Melos SHA Gold.

Jan 14, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #30 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe my WA6 maxed was the first one that Jack retrofitted with the PDPSU after I begged him in a few emails. He agreed to do it on 5/13/08 and I shipped on 5/14/08, and he shipped back to me on 5/26/08 which was fast turnaround of 1 week in his hands at most.

Because I was the first and it needed Blackgates to go with the others in my maxed WA6 it was $200, plus I paid $30 for return shipping. I don't mind paying that much at all. That mod plus a Sophia Princess rectifier brought mine to the level of Blutarsky's Zana Deux and Melos SHA Gold.

Nice! Those are some highly regarded amps around here it seems. I must send my WA6 back to Jack ASAP and get the PDPS and Sophia rectumfryer. What is your favorite headphone to use with the WOO, Headphone Addict?

Congrats on the new amps fellas. I am looking forward to some nice reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back