Woo Audio 6 PDPS Photos and Tuberolling! Impressions
Jun 4, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #91 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2wheels4me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Follow-up: I got both top-getter and later-model side-getter fat-bottle Sylvania 6FD7's in, and the top-getters are something else indeed. A much bigger, more-well-foundationed sound than the 6DE7s. Very balanced with deep but un-bloated bass while retaining very good detail. I highly encourage trying these tubes. These are the ones I used at CanJam and many people who listened found the sound to be very, very good.

Yes... I think I like the combo of the Sylvania 6FD7s (side getters) with the Sylvania 5U4G ST about as well as any combo, especially with the HD580/600/650s with the RAL CryoSilver Senn cable from the SA8001 CDP.

Pretty incredible, actually - and fairly inexpensive.

Where do you get the Sylvania 6FD7 top getters?

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #92 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes... I think I like the combo of the Sylvania 6FD7s (side getters) with the Sylvania 5U4G ST about as well as any combo, especially with the HD580/600/650s with the RAL CryoSilver Senn cable from the SA8001 CDP.

Pretty incredible, actually - and fairly inexpensive.

Where do you get the Sylvania 6FD7 top getters?

The very nice people at VacuumTubes.net, calling them to discuss possibilities and inventory; their price list does not list brands. The cost was $3 per tube plus $2 per tube matching fee, plus modest shipping. The tubes showed up from Florida to CA in three days via priority mail. I think they may have more of the top-getters of which I now have three sets!

Vacuum Tubes prices. Best prices every day!
800-326-4140

I hope that they sound good with your rectifier; it's all a balancing game, of course. The Sophia provides such great definition, and the Syls provide wonderful but modest warmth with breadth of frequency response. My "stock" NOS GE rectifier sounds too mushy to go to these tubes.

Good luck.

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #93 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by danmagicman7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mmm...starting to sound even better. I just love the tubes :)

I have been informed by a reputable tube distributor that the NOS 1940 (ish)
Sylvania 274b rectifier blows away the Sophia Princess.

Can you comment on that.
I have a WA6 SE coming
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back