Wonderful Quotes
Dec 13, 2001 at 8:20 PM Post #16 of 17
Some quotes from John Trubee:

I spend most of my time in my head, letting it wander far afield. Nobody is around to tell me that I have gone out of bounds.

Never go to anyone for anything. Never ask anyone for anything. Never depend on anyone for anything. Thusly followed, the individual will become invincible and free to accomplish anything imaginable in this world, Weakness and dependence are abhorrent to the free man.

We live in a nation of weak little ninnies Who are terrified of solitude, Antagonistic towards reason, Indifferent to art. They flow with the crowd, They waste vast tracts out of their lives with mindless entertainment and meaningless social activities And they consume vast quantities of plastic crap (headphones) with no discernible purpose other than to fill up time in their empty little lives. At least they're happy-- a happiness borne of docile stupidity. --ABRAHAM LINCOLN

The less I have to deal with other human beings the happier and freer I am.

Ignore authority and it will dry up and die.

The world is going to be the way it is regardless of what I feel or want--hence I have stopped wanting anything and I have stopped feeling anything.

You should live every day as if you are creating material for a fascinating obituary.

If you don't hear from me for long periods of time you may safely assume that I'm locked in a dungeon having my life/blood/time/energy/libido sucked out by demonic leech vampires from Hell. Normal people call it "going to work"

Dec 14, 2001 at 4:25 AM Post #17 of 17
Interesting topic. I collect quotes, so it is hard to pick only one, sorry.
smily_headphones1.gif

Here are 4 of my most favourite:

"Knowing others is intelligence, Knowing yourself is true wisdom, Mastering others is strength, Mastering yourself is true power." - Lao Tzu

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall." - Mahatma Gandhi, 1869-1948.

"Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." - Mark Twain

"Say nothing of my religion. It is known to God and myself alone. Its evidence before the world is to be sought in my life: If it has been honest and dutiful to society, the religion which has regulated it cannot be a bad one" - Thomas Jefferson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back