Women.
Apr 26, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #91 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should I wrap them up. Do girls like things that are wrapped.

What I like to do is when I'm getting something for a girl that is close to me I get what I know she'd like, then I go to another girl who knows how to box/gift wrap/dress up the present well(because who else knows what a girl likes to look at other than another girl) and then add my own touch like a personal card with a short statement of what she means to me. It looks great, and I get a lot of those jump-hugs
wink.gif
I love so much!
beerchug.gif

Apr 26, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #92 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by ignorant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm maybe it's because SHE is a girl...

Oh sorry, could've been a guy with some asian top model's picture in his avatar who pretends to know everything about girls. But if what you're saying is right, SHE knows everything, no doubt!

Apr 26, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #93 of 110
Hm....a while back I wanted to get my gf a headphone too, but I figure if she doesn't really care about it, I might as well get her something that she will like.

She does like my Denon D2000, though only when she is listening to music at my place. Other than that she uses the apple's IEM and doesn't really care about the sound difference.

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #94 of 110
My friend got skullies, i told her that they're not worth the $ spent...

She says she doesnt care about the sound..

She's still my friend :p

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #96 of 110
Quote:

What I like to do is when I'm getting something for a girl that is close to me I get what I know she'd like, then I go to another girl who knows how to box/gift wrap/dress up the present well(because who else knows what a girl likes to look at other than another girl) and then add my own touch like a personal card with a short statement of what she means to me. It looks great, and I get a lot of those jump-hugs
wink.gif
I love so much!
beerchug.gif

This is definitely a good idea!

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #97 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh sorry, could've been a guy with some asian top model's picture in his avatar who pretends to know everything about girls. But if what you're saying is right, SHE knows everything, no doubt!

You think I look like an asian top model? Why thank you very much!

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #98 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah those guys are creepy...I wonder if there are any on head-fi. I don't suspect anyone in particular now of pretending to be a girl though.

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #99 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You think I look like an asian top model? Why thank you very much!

You have a brilliant smile but your head is drooping in the picture, which can lead to different presumptions depending on the person...I'm not going to go into details... But yeah basically what he said Hot.

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #100 of 110
HOLY CRAP! THERE'S AN ACTUAL FEMALE ON HEAD-FI??!!

just kidding, glad you're here to provide the prospective.

Apr 27, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #101 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I say cheapo buds + flowers. Headphones won't get you in anyone's pantalones... flowers will!

I have no intention of getting inside anyone's 'pantalones', and even if I did, I wouldn't need flowers or headphones to do it.
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #102 of 110
I was going to post a separate thread, but saw this one and it looked apt.

I have a girlfriend who is currently studying in law school so she definitely appreciates noise isolation. I believe she is currently rocking the Sony MDR NC 22 Noise Cancelling ear buds:
Amazon.com: Sony Mdrnc22/Blk Noise Canceling Headphone (Black): Electronics

She frequently complains that they don't do very much for noise, and has expressed some curiosity with my Shure E3s (and since then I've upgraded to the SE530s). I rave to her about the noise isolation of good IEMs and so I let her play with my E3s, but I think she's a little uncomfortable with sticking these things so deeply into her ear canal. I can tell that they're not really seated well because they seem to fall out easily.

What is a good option for a good "entry-level", "very comfortable", and "high isolation" IEM?

Or, in the alternative, how can I get her to become less afraid of sticking these in her ears?

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #103 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no intention of getting inside anyone's 'pantalones', and even if I did, I wouldn't need flowers or headphones to do it.
wink.gif

That could also mean that your standards are incredibly low and the women that you go for would let even dogs hump them. Am I being too vulgar? I'll tone it down if I am. You know I'm only joking but even then I find myself going too far at times.

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #104 of 110
Quote:

That could also mean that your standards are incredibly low and the women that you go for would let even dogs hump them. Am I being too vulgar? I'll tone it down if I am. You know I'm only joking but even then I find myself going too far at times.

............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #105 of 110
LOL! kinda reminds me of the little red riding hood...

Quote:
Unfortunately for me the depth of my hobby is not appreciated by my other half, she is more than happy with 128kbps tracks through stock buds & some freebie 1gb MP3 player. It's not often we relax and listen to our respective rigs at the same time (mine being ipod lossless tracks through ibasso P3 & IE8's) but when we do, she wonders why I'm looking at her and smiling so widely
biggrin.gif
''because you look beautiful dear''......... but missing soooooo much hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back