Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
About time! They should have beefier sentences for such scam artists
mad.gif

...along with compulsory sterilization.
mad.gif
serves her right!

Jun 3, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 44
wow they caught her! good! i read on bbshomerecording, the guy who got scammed the clarinet was complaining there - i bet he feels better now!

Jun 3, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
i sympathize fellas, i do

but we're runnin outta prison space, and i don't know what that implies.

Sterilization.

Jun 3, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #6 of 44
Even if perpetrated on the net, Fraud and theft is just that - a CRIME. Good to see a scare thrown to ebay crooks. Chick must be dumb as hell to think she wouldn't be caught.

Jun 4, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #10 of 44
I know it doesn't justify her crimes, but I would not place a bid on a big ticket item from a seller with little to zero positive feedback.

Did she just start new eBay seller accounts, or did she hack someone else's account?

eBay does so little about the rampant fraud on eBay, you really have to do your research and watch out. And even then you are taking a gamble. But the benefits can outweigh the risks.

-Ed

Jun 4, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #11 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I know it doesn't justify her crimes, but I would not place a bid on a big ticket item from a seller with little to zero positive feedback.

Did she just start new eBay seller accounts, or did she hack someone else's account?

eBay does so little about the rampant fraud on eBay, you really have to do your research and watch out. And even then you are taking a gamble. But the benefits can outweigh the risks.

-Ed

I saw something new the other day. A seller who had about 30 of the same item up for sale.. one of those $10 for the item, $30 for shipping deals - you know the type. Sketchy from the get-go. So then I looked at the seller's feedback. They only had about 15 feedbacks, but all positive. I looked at the items they had bought, and they were all ONE CENT items bought THAT DAY.

Seems that they were trying to seem legit by having + feedback, but all the items were BS.

So make sure you look at the actual items the person has sold/bought, before trusting the feedback is worth anything.

Ebay is so run over with fraud now. Try selling a computer on there, see how many emails from people from south africa you get.

Jun 4, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #12 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
but we're runnin outta prison space, and i don't know what that implies.

Don't worry! I don't know for other states, but I know that california's prison budget is greater than its education budget! go prison! boo books!

Jun 4, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #13 of 44
Heh, I wish I could hear more about the 2 Ebayers that ripped me off. One took my $40 for a Jil sander shirt, and left me a negative feedback. I never recieved the shirt, or any emails from the buyer. The other took my $350 for a P4 3.0, and never responded. He/she ripped off more than 200 people off at the time by selling a lot of PS2 systems for $99. I got my money back through Paypal, but never found out what happened to the person
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #14 of 44
Yeah you really have to be careful. I got scammed out of $10 recently.

I bid ONLY on items for sale in the USA.. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Paypal ONLY, or cash transfer in person for local pickup.. NO EXCEPTIONS.

MUST not have more than 1-2 negative feedbacks in the past 12 months. That is as important than the feedback percentage. If its a newer seller with not much history, I dont bid unless the item is local to me and theyre willing to transact cash face to face.

Many times I'll ask the seller for additional detailed pics... and give them my email address to send them to. If they can not produce pics I assume they do not have the item.

IMHO Ebay should do more to protect buyers. IMHO they should can this guys account for example.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...427835&frm=284

Garrett

Jun 4, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #15 of 44
As a music education major, I would like to declare a statement that she does not speak for the majority of music education majors out there
biggrin.gif

Ach, I know we don't get paid that well, but heck you don't have rip off innocent ebayers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back