Wolfram|Alpha iPhone / iPod Touch app drops to $1.99 (from $50)
Apr 1, 2010 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13
Source: Wolfram Alpha Admits Mistake: Mobile Site is Back; iPhone App Down from $50 to $1.99

This is very groovy. For those of you who don't know what Wolfram|Alpha is, I'll let you look it up yourself--and then you may realize why someone would find this exciting news. I couldn't bring myself to fork over $50 for the app, but $2.00 makes it a no-brainer.

Additionally, they're doing a very cool thing, refunding fully all those who paid the $50 for the app, which I think one article said totaled around 10,000+ customers at the higher price.

They've also relaunched the mobile website at Mobile Wolfram|Alpha.

So cool. So very cool.

(Here's a link directly to Wolfram|Alpha's page about the mobile app.)

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 13
I've been reading a lot about this app lately. And while it seems pretty darn cool, I have to admit that I don't really understand its day-to-day application. What's a basic example of everday use? I suppose if I have to ask, then perhaps the app is over my pointy little head.

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been reading a lot about this app lately. And while it seems pretty darn cool, I have to admit that I don't really understand its day-to-day application. What's a basic example of everday use? I suppose if I have to ask, then perhaps the app is over my pointy little head.

I would have to agree. How would you use this app in day to day as they indicate they are trying to get in the hands of everyone.

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As a student, Wolfram Alpha is a grand tool. I usually use it for checking, as I can't really use it on a test or any assessment, but it works great.

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #9 of 13
04-01-2010, 02:35 AM

This Thread Post #1 http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/wo...6/#post6523780

Cool post number Jude! 7,777 posts...lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #10 of 13
As a physics major, wolfram alpha makes your iphone one of the more powerful calculators in the world. You can graph surfaces, do partial derivatives, and get the nights sky chart. It can basically do anything.

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #13 of 13
Wow this is impressive, it's like a search engine for symbolic computing. I used to SSH to my university's servers to use Maple, for quick things I can just use this in the browser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back