With "these" attributes, how does Grado have a fanbase ?
Jul 16, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #32 of 89
So you've got a nice little troll title to this thread, and I'm seriously questioning your motivation. We'll see how it goes, but this thread is one more idiotic post away from being closed.

I've owned SR60s, MS1s, and now own 225s and HF2s. I find them comfortable, especially when enjoying the sound as much as I do.

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #33 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan Musick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, thank you all for the warm welcomes and suggestions so far! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to Denver on a weekday, however the Canjam sounds intriguing. Direction to more information on the event would be welcomed.
JoJo, I'm a rather large newbie, what did you mean when you stated that my Skullcandy's were IEM's?

youll be happy to note that the Denver meet is next Saturday, not a weekday
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #35 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhancakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
full size headphones are never stylish anyway.

There are exceptions to that rule. L3000s? Ultrasone Edition 9s? Headphile Darth Beyers? Oh, and the woodied Grados actually fit into the good looking category I'd say.

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #36 of 89
All of the "issues" you cite are your own opinion and in the end are completely subjective.

Personally I think the opposite about most of them. Also you can transform your Grado experience with a little bit of customization in terms of pad selection/modification and headband pressure.

I see no need for the flamebait thread title. Perhaps make a thread asking how to deal with these problems with simple mods or pad swapping.

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #38 of 89
Bet he wore them wrong.
tongue.gif

I have some alessandro MS1s, which apparently sound nothing like grados. I do however find the comfy pads very comfortable, despite what people around here say.

None the less, everything with headphones is subjective. From sound signatures to brands and styling and even what part of your rig you upgrade (See: Anti cable club). Some people love grados and some people hate them, but you can't use your opinion to decide of headphones are "good" or "bad", just "good for me" or "bad for me" (and before someone messes up, me is referring to other people, not myself as the poster).

Right now lock this thread up.
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #39 of 89
Despite the attention-grabbing thread title the questions are fair, in fact they are attributes of Grados that are often cited even by Grado fans so I don't see the big deal. It bothers me a lot to read comments that one person's opinions should not be voiced because they are contrary to one's own. I never understood utter fanatics anyway, it's one thing to like a specific product or most of a company's products but that doesn't mean you have to be a crusading fanboy and jump on anyone who doesn't agree.

The OP's questions can be answered simply with: Different strokes for different folks. It's really not a big deal nor are his points controversial - they are just opinions. So why don't people just chill out and enjoy what they enjoy and let others do the same?

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #40 of 89
fans of pansy sound will not like grado. they have a fan base because they sound better than other fones, it's that simple.

as for styles, i think they all look pretty geeky, but others are super nerdy looking which i am guessing you think would be 'cutting edge'.

Jul 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #41 of 89
confused_face_2.gif
So many Grado users here fooling themselves. I enjoy grado/allesandros and i can wear them all day without trouble, but are they comfortable? Hell no! Not in any aspect. However they're not really bugging me either. So there's certainly more painful headphones out there and just as many that can really be called comfortable. Not everythings black or white so i'd say Grados are perfectly balanced grey
wink.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #42 of 89
Unless/until Grado comes up with a circumaural can, I will never try them. I have zero tolerance for supraural designs.
It may be a moot point anyway, since the concensus it that they are bright/harsh, which does not appeal to me.

Jul 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #43 of 89
I dont have a problem with the MS1s, although they did feel scratchy when I first got them. I'd like to strap a pair of brand new ATH-ES7s to the OPs head for an hour and see how he feels about the Grados comfort level after that - particularly if he wears glasses. Talk about a vice on your head, although they have redeemed themselves with the A500s - super comfy and keep my ears warm right through the Aussie Winter.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #45 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mods: Can you open a separate "I HATE GRADO" forum and put all these stupid threads in there?

+1 million. This is getting ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back