With MicroSD card, the capacity of Sansa Fuze no longer matters
Apr 18, 2009 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Schoenberg

100+ Head-Fier
I think 50 dollars for Sansa Fuze 2Gb is a better deal than over 60 dollars for Fuze 4GB.

IS there any difference between reading music from the original flash memory and from MicroSD card?

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 19
No difference when the player is reading from internal memory and micro SD. But I have the 8GB and personally would like to have as much of my music in at one time as I often play all with shuffle. I am thinking of buying a Zune because I can have 120GB on it, which would be my whole music collection.

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 19
If only the sansas had a replaceable battery id love them!
But theyre all throw-aways now
frown.gif

I like them much better than ipods.

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If only the sansas had a replaceable battery id love them!
But theyre all throw-aways now
frown.gif

I like them much better than ipods.

why not send it to sandisk for replacing battery?

Apr 18, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schoenberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have 700GB music.

Wow, that is a lot of music. Do you have it in wave format? How much music do you have? All of my Pink Floyd in FLAC is less than 2GB, which is only the 9 albums I like. I delete songs I am not all that fond of an would skip past if they came up in the play list anyways.

You need a DAP that can connect an external USB HD!

Apr 18, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #8 of 19
Just bought a 4gb microsd card for $10-ish shipped from Amazon. I love the extra capacity (doubled my current space!) but I don't like how it appears as a separate device in WMP... I would rather have it appear as one device, since they probably won't be separated any time soon.

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #10 of 19
There is a difference. That being battery power. It will use more battery power reading from the microSD card than the internal drive.
Also codec effects battery power e.g. Vorbis will use more power than FLAC or mp3 due to it having a more complex algorithm.
Sonically, zero.

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ But some people might use the card for more than just 1 player. You can pop the card into the other player after your main one runs out of battery power.

Also you won't know what's on what.

Apr 19, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #12 of 19
You can change the battery on fuze, although you would have to get your own battery but it is possible.

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a difference. That being battery power. It will use more battery power reading from the microSD card than the internal drive.
Also codec effects battery power e.g. Vorbis will use more power than FLAC or mp3 due to it having a more complex algorithm.
Sonically, zero.

Do you know for a fact it will use more battery power from the SD card? Depends on how the memory controller is configured.

Sonically, zero?

And I thought FLAC ate more battery power than MP3.

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #15 of 19
Isnt the fuze sealed therefore making it impossible to replace the battery?
I dont think sansa will replace it if you send it.
Theyre not going to crack it open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back