With Macworld a month away, iPod flash rumors fly
Dec 11, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #31 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by austonia
you could sneak that thing into prison, just the right shape

pulpipod19sl.jpg

Dec 11, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #33 of 74
What would be cool and Apple could do it would be to make a small flash player as an ipod accessory.

In other words give it the capability to move songs from your regular ipod, right to the flash device. Maybe create an on the fly playlist then hit transfer to ipocket

Dec 13, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #34 of 74
Well they don't even really exist yet, however that's not going to stop an analyst from predicting 22 million units sold.

Err... does that make sense to anyone else?
blink.gif

Dec 13, 2004 at 9:54 PM Post #35 of 74
Sure it does.

(Price) x (width) x (battery life) x (# of people in Montana) x (distance from Montana to moon, in km) x (average age of VW driver) - (# of pixels on iPod Photo screen) x (volume of Steve Job's head full of hot air, at STP) - (# of defective iPods ever made) = ~22,000,000 according to my numbers.

Dec 13, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #36 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Well they don't even really exist yet, however that's not going to stop an analyst from predicting 22 million units sold.

Err... does that make sense to anyone else?
blink.gif

Sure in the Apple Reality Distortion Field.
Seriously, I think that is probably something like 90% of the total market of flash players sold and the author is assuming apples similar dominance of the market like they have of hard drive players
rolleyes.gif

It would make Apple's stock look cheap. Assuming $100 price point, that's 2.2 billion more sales. They would then be the ipod company that also makes Macs. Then I would bet buh-bye mac business

Dec 14, 2004 at 1:08 AM Post #37 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man
What would be cool and Apple could do it would be to make a small flash player as an ipod accessory.

In other words give it the capability to move songs from your regular ipod, right to the flash device. Maybe create an on the fly playlist then hit transfer to ipocket

Brilliant idea! It could provide a reason to the 6 million-plus that already own iPods to buy the iPod flash, as well as provide a natural upgrade incentive to those who start with the flash player.

Dec 16, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #39 of 74
Dec 17, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #40 of 74
somebody (on the first page) said nobody wants to use firewire if they can avoid it - what's up with that? firewire in many cases is a ton faster - especially for "older" computers like my two-year-old G4 w/out the latest and greatest usb speeds

Dec 17, 2004 at 5:39 AM Post #41 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanotheruser
somebody (on the first page) said nobody wants to use firewire if they can avoid it - what's up with that? firewire in many cases is a ton faster - especially for "older" computers like my two-year-old G4 w/out the latest and greatest usb speeds

They don't want to buy a firewire card... if they can avoid it.

Dec 17, 2004 at 5:47 AM Post #42 of 74
^*%^&%^^56 *8* EXPLITIVE......Just when my month look research finally ended on buying a iPod Mini, they are going to release a new one....is it worth it folks to hold ou?

Dec 17, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #44 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanotheruser

For a flash device or regular iPod, firewire has no advantage over USB, especially since USB is everywhere. Speed is irrelevant because neither get close to the point where the speed of firewire or USB becomes a bottleneck. Also, for such a small device, why bother having firewire and USB when one is good enough.

Dec 17, 2004 at 6:19 AM Post #45 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphil
For a flash device or regular iPod, firewire has no advantage over USB, especially since USB is everywhere. Speed is irrelevant because neither get close to the point where the speed of firewire or USB becomes a bottleneck. Also, for such a small device, why bother having firewire and USB when one is good enough.

USB tends to bog down the system resources... FireWire on the other hand, usually does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back