With Macworld a month away, iPod flash rumors fly
Dec 8, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #16 of 74
I seriously doubt that Apple would not put a screen on a new music player.

EDIT: I just had a crazy thought. Ever hear of the Phatbox? It's an MP3 player for your car. It has the ability to speak track titles if you are using it with an OEM stereo (most don't have text-capable screens). What if this screenless flash player speaks the song title through the headphones?

Meh. Fahgetaboutit. I still don't think it won't have a screen
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #18 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by neueziel
I think it's time for me to buy 500 shares of Apple stock...

I think apple can still go up a lot (100$++). I'm really happy I only had to pay like ~$44 for all my shares though! And I'm still holding onto them! :p

dj_digital

Dec 8, 2004 at 3:52 AM Post #19 of 74
I just don't see a big of a market for flash based players as HD based players. Look at those iriver 1gb players for like 300 bucks, I'd much rather have at least 20x the space for the same price. HD players don't really skip so the flash players versus laser based pcdp arguement in their favor really doesn't hold up.

And with the firewire, my laptop came with one firewire port (but no cable thx~)... and you can always put in a pcmcia card with 4 firewire ports, since what else is there to use pcmcia slots for! Most laptops have built in wireless nowadays anyway, and most have bluetooth, if not you can add a USB thumb-bluetooth.

Dec 8, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #20 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
yeah, just the way the ipod mini failed, right? or the way the whole ipod thing was way too expensive to catch on, right?
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

The iPod mini was small and had USB.

Dec 8, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #23 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
sorry, but i don't think they can touch that jens of sweden 24k gold flash player in terms of coolness

Maybe. Then again if Apple's new colors are Palladium, Platinum, Rhodium, Osmium and Ruthenium...
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2004 at 12:30 PM Post #24 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Maybe. Then again if Apple's new colors are Palladium, Platinum, Rhodium, Osmium and Ruthenium...
wink.gif

Considering that an Apple flash player is only a rumor at this point, I think it would be more appropriate that it would be made of oxygen. Preferably warm.
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 5:46 PM Post #26 of 74
Another report. Long-time iPod HD supplier Toshiba is now claiming a Flash mem deal with Apple.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_2315802.htm

Not sure this unofficial comment will be greeted with pleasure by Apple, but ...

Apple's flash memory iPod will sell for US$149 to US$199, Milunovich wrote.

Dec 10, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #27 of 74
I used to work in product development for a major US cellular company and I can tell you that American consumers just don't like gadgets that are too small. You might sell a bunch in Japan, though.

Dec 10, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #29 of 74
How about a screen on the other side?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back