With every hair that falls out, a little part of me dies...
Jan 21, 2008 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Agent Kang

500+ Head-Fier
I went to get a haircut yesterday and my barber commented on how much my hair has thinned out. So when I came home and I gave my hair a closer inspection, and finally realized how much density my hair has lost over the last few years. My hairline has also receded by quite a bit. Now I'm starting to notice things I've never paid attention to before. Today in the shower for example, I've actually caught myself counting the number of hairs that has fallen out to my hands while shampooing my hair.

Now I'm just waiting for the day when I'll have no choice but to shave it all off.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 51
Join the club. I started thinning senior year of high school, and freshman year of college decided to shave it all off. Been wearing it like that ever since. Hair is overrated anyway.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 51
He should go "your hairline is really recessing... I HAVE THIS GREAT NEW PRODUCT TO PREVENT HAIR LOSS"...

I stopped going to those
smily_headphones1.gif

Hair loss is a natural thing though, don't be too discouraged. I'm receding pretty fast and soon will have no choice but to always have close shaves..

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 51
Sorry man, it happens to many of us. Around your age is when I first notice mine thinning. I decided to fight it and the loss has slowed dramatically, not completely. Mother nature will win the in the end.

There's a ton of info out there. My routine includes specific shampoo, diet, and other lifestyle choices. And yes, I use Rogain and take Propecia. The later has proved effective though costly.

IF you want more info, I can give it. But like I said, there is a ton of info on the net. Otherwise, accept it and be happy with who you are.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 51
No biggie man, that's why I have a great set of headphones I'm compensating.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry man, it happens to many of us. Around your age is when I first notice mine thinning. I decided to fight it and the loss has slowed dramatically, not completely. Mother nature will win the in the end.

There's a ton of info out there. My routine includes specific shampoo, diet, and other lifestyle choices. And yes, I use Rogain and take Propecia. The later has proved effective though costly.

IF you want more info, I can give it. But like I said, there is a ton of info on the net. Otherwise, accept it and be happy with who you are.

I thinking of following your route: I'm not going down without a fight. I'm thinking Rogain and possibly propecia (cut into a lower dosage). Did you experience any sides from it?

On my next trip to the barber I'll get my hair buzzed to see how i will look shaved. If it's presentable, I'll just move on. If its hideous, I must fight on.

Jan 21, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #11 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you experience any sides from it?

After over four years, I have experienced none. Sexual performance has not been affected which good since I consider my libido and activity above average. I mention that because some of my friends were concerned about it. They started and have also experienced no side effects. However, that does not mean you would not.

I also think it's a good idea to begin keeping your hair short once thinning is noticed. I have been buzzing my hair for years. It helps with topical treatments such as Rogain, improves circulation, and of course, the thinning is less obvious!

Jan 21, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #12 of 51
Like someone just said, hair is overrated.
I'm pretty young (in terms of hair loss/thinning) and I've been buzzing mine down to about 1/16" for a couple of years since mine started to really thin out. I actually like the way I look MUCH more without hair, you might be surprised.

Jan 21, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #13 of 51
The best part about buzzing hair short is after we have a bath, we can dry out hair in just one wipe. Also, when we go out, no need to bother with combing our hair or having to look in the mirror + when a strong gust of wind blows when you're crossing the street, no worries!
biggrin.gif

I was pretty bummed out when I first noticed my thinning hair, worst is when a few friends started mentioning it... Sheesh, like as if I myself wouldn't have known about it...

Anyway, I've just learnt to deal with it, see the positive side of things like I mentioned above. I ain't gonna take no pill or anything, I don't wanna do unknown damage on the inside, not worth it. Hair is just cosmetic. Its a superficial thing.

Look on the bright side of things!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #14 of 51
Don't worry, you're actually not really losing much hair. You should notice that it's just being repurposed to other parts of your body as you age!

It's most likely coming out your nose and ears (and maybe some nether regions) instead of your head!!

Enjoy the ride.

Jan 21, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #15 of 51
do what all the aging baldies do..buy a sportscar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back