Wireworld Nano-Platinum Eclipse Headphone Cable
Feb 22, 2017 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

latestyle

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, guys. Anyone have experience using Wireworld Nano-Platinum Eclipse? Was contemplating using for Z1Rs so I use balanced with my Ayre Codex. Since I'll be using Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 USB, was wondering if there may not be a good synergy going. Thanks!

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 19
Hi, guys. Anyone have experience using Wireworld Nano-Platinum Eclipse? Was contemplating using for Z1Rs so I use balanced with my Ayre Codex. Since I'll be using Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 USB, was wondering if there may not be a good synergy going. Thanks!

I like it a lot.  Using it with LCD3 and LCD4 now, likely getting more for Utopia and HE1000.  Very clean and expansive.  The wires are rather pedestrian but quiet and flexible.  Hoping the jacket will last.

Patsy

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 19

I like it a lot.  Using it with LCD3 and LCD4 now, likely getting more for Utopia and HE1000.  Very clean and expansive.  The wires are rather pedestrian but quiet and flexible.  Hoping the jacket will last.

Patsy

Hey, Patsy. Killer set-up there! When I didn't hear back, I just took the plunge and got the cable. Ultimate judgments til later but I'm very impressed what it did to Z1Rs even from Day 1. First impressions - http://www.head-fi.org/t/818846/the-official-sony-mdr-z1r-flagship-headphone-thread-live-from-ifa-2016/8025#post_13324173

Mar 18, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #4 of 19
Interesting. Wireworld d finitely has a "house sound" which is very smooth. I would have thought that this would be too much if a good thing with the audeze...

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #5 of 19
Interesting. Wireworld d finitely has a "house sound" which is very smooth. I would have thought that this would be too much if a good thing with the audeze...

Don't own Audezes nor do I own every variation of Wireworld (other than these headphone cables, I own Platinum Starlight 7 USB wire). But based on my experience, "smoothness" wouldn't be the first word that comes up to my mind to describe the house sound, but rather opposite.

For both these headphone cables and USB wire, the commonality they shared was that they were extremely revealing/resolving. With the Z1Rs, this was a boon as the head cable immediately added immediate treble extension and inner detail resolution as well as add tautness & control to the bass that weren't there before. Before burning in for 100 hrs, I actually wondered if the cable didn't make some over-produced electro recordings sound hot, as I shared in Z1R thread, which would be the opposite of the tendency to "smooth out" the sound. But that for me dissipated after around 50 hrs.

Apr 16, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 19
Sorry if it has already been asked/discussed before, but how do these WW platinum compares with the KimberKable Hybrids?

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #7 of 19
Sorry if it has already been asked/discussed before, but how do these WW platinum compares with the KimberKable Hybrids?

Haven't checked head-fi in a while due to work, apologies for the late response. I have Kimber balanced that I'd ordered from Amazon JPN with the Sony connectors for comparison. WW NPE retrieves much more detail to the extent that I perceive more "air", most likely because all the sonic cues are so much more heightened. Bass gains in definition, too, with the Kimbers I thought bass, though fine, was too "whompy" for my taste.

May 15, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #9 of 19
Aug 9, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #10 of 19
IMG_0004.JPG
I have used several other boutique and sourced cables from various manufacturers well regarded from these very forums. In my opinion there is no cable company that makes a cable that doesn't color the sound, Wireworld on the other hand gives you a direct connection to your source uncolored and gives you your music the way the source sounds.
They are simple the best cables I have ever used. They are not cheap but boy are they an amazing insight into the music unlike any other cable I've ever used.
I own 3 platinum Nano Wireworld and the are terrific.
HD800S
HD650
Oppo PM3

Oct 23, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #11 of 19
Thought I’d resurrect this old thread since it’s the only one about this now-discontinued headphone cable from WireWorld. I just purchased one used to pair with my Meze Elite and ZMF Auteur. I’ll be comparing it to my current favorite cable, the ZMF 2K Copper. I’ve actually never used an all-silver headphone cable before, so I’m curious how much difference (if any) I will notice coming from copper. I’ll be sure to report back once I get some time with the WireWorld cable in my setup.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #12 of 19
I’m amazed that this thread didn’t have a single comment since 2017. I look forward to hearing your feedback. 4 years later I still feel the same as I did when I made this comment.

Oct 29, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #13 of 19
Unfortunately USPS delivered these to the wrong address. There’s no telling if the situation will ever get rectified unless the person that got the package by mistake happens to bring it back to the post office. The seller refunded me, so no real harm done. That being said, I am a little disappointed that I didn’t get to try out this cable with my Meze Elite.

Oct 29, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #14 of 19
Damn, that’s disappointing. I’ll send you a private email. I maybe able to help. I have a contact, I’ll reach out when they replay back to me.

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #15 of 19
Damn, that’s disappointing. I’ll send you a private email. I maybe able to help. I have a contact, I’ll reach out when they replay back to me.
Good news, the cable got returned to sender. I actually just bought the cable from him for a second time, haha. He might use UPS this time around after the first debacle with USPS. I’ll be sure to report back after I get some time with it and my Meze Elite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back