Wireworld Nano-Platinum Eclipse Headphone Cable
Nov 14, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #16 of 19
I forgot to actually report back, so they are completely out of the headphone cable business. They have some stuff but they don’t to want to sell it or warranty it, so for all intense they are out of the business.

Nov 14, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #17 of 19
I forgot to actually report back, so they are completely out of the headphone cable business. They have some stuff but they don’t to want to sell it or warranty it, so for all intense they are out of the business.
Well hopefully my cable will hold up for quite a while! I knew Wireworld had discontinued their headphone cable line, but everything I read about their “Nano Platinum Eclipse” was very positive. I have never used a silver headphone cable, so I thought it was worth trying out on my Meze Elite to see if I could tell the difference versus my current ZMF 2K Copper cable. It’s a much cheaper experiment than it would have been a few years ago when this cable was still being sold new.

Nov 15, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #18 of 19
You will hear a positive difference, it is an impressive product.

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #19 of 19
I finally got the Wireworld cable in the mail today after all the issues with shipping the first time around. I currently have it connected to my Meze Elite and Quicksilver Headphone Amp, and it’s sounding excellent. I really like how lightweight the cable is. It makes my ZMF 2K Copper cable seem almost heavy in comparison, though in reality its weight has never bothered me whatsoever.

The connectors on the WWNPE seem to be very robust and high quality. The cable itself feels very much like an old landline phone cable, the type that goes between the wall and the phone. It’s not impressive to look at, but I knew that coming in. The 2K Copper cable is without a doubt the more attractive product. To be fair though, the color scheme of the WWNPE matches the Elite much better than the copper wire/coffee gold connectors of the ZMF cable.

I need more time to compare the sound differences between the two cables. To be honest, I’m really not sure if I’ll be able to definitively detect any differences, but I’ll certainly give it a try.

It will be ironic if I end up preferring the 2K Copper on the Elite and WWNPE on the Auteur. The color schemes would clash so badly! I’m a pragmatic guy, so I’ll let my ears make the final decision.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back