- Mar 14, 2009
The girlfriend falls asleep much earlier than me, and I need to use headphones to watch TV in our bedroom.
I had a 40" Sony TV that had a headphone output, but that TV died, and Best Buy replaced it with a new Samsung (warranty replacement). The new Samsung does not have a headphone output, it only has 1 optical out and one 3.5mm out. I can plug my headphones into the 3.5mm out, but the TV does not control the volume of that output, it just blasts at one loud volume, and too loud to comfortably listen for more than a few minutes.
I've thought about wireless headphones in the past, but never wanted to spend the money since my other corded headphones worked, but now I need something.
What I'm looking for:
2) Closed Headphones (She's asleep in the same bed, they can't be open).
3) Volume control on the headphone itself.
4) Ideally on a wireless spectrum that doesn't interfere with the computer's wireless Internet.
5) I've accepted the fact that I'm probably going to be spending around $100 or more, but the cheaper the better, obviously.
6) Sound quality (yes ranked last which might offend some, but dialogue is the most important to me, I don't need to feel like I’m in the movie, just need to be able to watch TV without waking her up, a lot of the time just Sportscenter or something. I don't want them to sound bad, I'm just saying I don't need the top of the line models).
I was looking on Amazon last night and found a couple, but I figured I'd see if anyone has any recommendations before I order based on Amazon reviews. I was attracted to the Logitech F540's because they could be used with the PS3 as well, but the reviews were kinda scattered.
Any opinions would be appreciated.