Wireless electricity?
Aug 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 18
That is actually pretty cool. There are tons of applications that would benefit from this technology.

Aug 30, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 18
Yeah. Pretty much everything would benefit from that technology.

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 18
Tesla came up with this almost 100 years ago and thats why he was blackballed and forgotten. Tela's backer J.P.Morgan figured out that Tesla's technology would seriously undermine central/corporate control of energy resources, the threat being so serious that, not only was Tesla blackballed, but the entire idea, and all scientists working with the theory of an electrically dynamic universe (especially one that could be harnessed on the cheap) were blacklisted as well.

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...the theory of an electrically dynamic universe...

Take a look at:

thunderbolts.com

it presents the Electric Universe Model.

Aug 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tesla came up with this almost 100 years ago and thats why he was blackballed and forgotten. Tela's backer J.P.Morgan figured out that Tesla's technology would seriously undermine central/corporate control of energy resources, the threat being so serious that, not only was Tesla blackballed, but the entire idea, and all scientists working with the theory of an electrically dynamic universe (especially one that could be harnessed on the cheap) were blacklisted as well.

This is an extremely narrow view of Tesla's work and achievements. Tesla's proposed wirless electricity models didn't harness energy from ether, they used extant electricity and distributed it wirelessly. Electric companies would be still be compensated for its production by other means, else none would be produced.

I had not heard of the electric Universe model before today, but I find it immediately suspect due to the fact that two authors seem to have collaborated for all of its major works. I'll do my due diligence and look into it further, however.

Is this thread going to be a repeat of the "Did we go to the Moon" thread? In that, Graphicism, you rebelled against being called a conspiracy theorist, yet here you are saying wireless electricity is another conspiracy.

Aug 30, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is an extremely narrow view of Tesla's work and achievements ... blah blah blah ... yet here you are saying wireless electricity is another conspiracy.

Are you always the one pointing the finger Sherwood, so quick to judge others. Why try and turn another civil thread into a conspiracy theory, I suggest you take the time to learn about Tesla, wireless electricity... the electric car of the 50s, our grab for oil and the list goes on.

You can start here: Nikola Tesla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aug 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #12 of 18
I have not really looked that deep into this, so don't shoot me if the answer is readily available, but I am curious about the efficiency of wireless electricity. Is there loss at longer distances? Does it radiate and try to find a place to go like lightning, or does it dissipate after a certain distance like sound waves?

I like the idea, but there are so many variables that could make it extremely complex in implementation. If this pans out, the FCC will have a field day with this.

Aug 31, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there loss at longer distances?

Yes, I think the best people have been able to manage so far is a modest few feet without astronomical efficiency drops. Great if you're in a one-room apartment, not so great if you're trying to unplug your entire house.

Aug 31, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #15 of 18
I think the FCC would have to add another department or two just to deal with this. Considering how many threads we have here dealing with cellphone interference, wireless power would be an entirely new layer of complexity. Would all of you want to replace or shield your stereo gear to use wireless power? It's certainly possible that it would cause plenty of interference and unearth other electrical gremlins. It may be possible, but not entirely practical.

As for Tesla... you cannot deny his contributions. However, he seems to have gone a little crazy in his later years. There have been swirling conspiracy theories about his work, but if there was anything to them, I think they would have been capitalized on by others. If there was money to be made, someone would have. Don't argue that his inventions were "too dangerous." There are plenty of other highly dangerous technologies that were allowed to be developed. Why would Tesla be suppressed while orhers weren't? Further, other big corporations have been knocked off thanks to disruptive technologies over the years. If suppressing disruptive technologies was so important, how did we ever get transistors? Vacuum tubes were hugely profitable for big corporations. And why didn't "they" put down Linux, or other free software? There are plenty of other highly disruptive technologies as examples, too.

The bottom line is that if someone can turn a buck off a disruptive technology, they do. If Tesla's later work was feasible, it would have been widely used just like his - disruptive - earlier work was. His early work was revolutionary and upset business interests. Why was that allowed while his other work was suppressed? It makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back