Wire problems - Turbine Pro Gold
Mar 1, 2011 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dub Beatz

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. I was skyping with my girlfriend earlier today when I literally had a heart attack. The base of my TPGs is fraying / detached from the cable. Let me attach a picture to show you better... 

My apologies for those with slower internet connections. Anyways, what would you guys recommend I do? Call Monster? Attempt a recable? Just buy a new 3.5mm connecter and solder it on? Help guys!!! lol.

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #2 of 5
If they are legit and you have the receipt/proof of purchase etc. then I see no reason why you should not contact Monster. Their warranty is supposed to be pretty good though turnaround might be a bit slow unless you get the right person/poke them appropriately with a pointy stick. (judging by my readings on these forums, not personal experience)

If you want to try some soldering, it looks like it's possible and probable that they are mendable that way but is it worth the risk? One wrong move and you have 1 earbud with zero warranty.

Mar 1, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 5
I don't see why you didn't want to send it to monsters since you have a life time warranty for it. It might actually be just a defect and they will replace it for you. And if I'm not wrong they pay for your shipping cost too.

Well if you really want to, you could re-cable it and if anything goes wrong you could still use the one time replacement warranty that comes with it xD!

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #5 of 5
Ok, thanks for the advice. I purchased these from another head-fier and was unaware they came with a lifetime warranty. Unfortunately, my box with everything is at home, all I have with me at my apartment are the actual headphones. I'll give them a call when I head back home before spring break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back