Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013)
Mar 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #167 of 266
Just an update, still planning on coming as long as my time off is approved.  Changes to my gear though.  I no longer have the K702 65th, or the Audio Technica A900X or AD2000X.

However, as it stands now I still have HD800, my SA-31 amp, Resonessence Concero, and will soon be adding a PS Audio Nuwave DAC, using my Concero as a USB converter.  Looking forward to comparing the Nuwave with the Gungnir.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #169 of 266
There shouldn't be any reason not to, I've got almost 30 days available and I'm only taking 14 days.  I was going to head up Friday night, but I think I might just leave Saturday morning and save the cost of an extra night in the hotel.  It's only about 4 hour drive up there.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #170 of 266
Quote:
I would love to attend so put me down as tentative. Just getting into this hobby so my collection is rather humble at the moment. I would be bringing my AKG K240, BD DT770 80 ohm, & ATH-A900X with Fiio E17 amp/dac. Excited!

Cool! Welcome. Which version of the k240s do you have (studio, monitor, etc.)? 

Quote:
Just an update, still planning on coming as long as my time off is approved.  Changes to my gear though.  I no longer have the K702 65th, or the Audio Technica A900X or AD2000X.

However, as it stands now I still have HD800, my SA-31 amp, Resonessence Concero, and will soon be adding a PS Audio Nuwave DAC, using my Concero as a USB converter.  Looking forward to comparing the Nuwave with the Gungnir.

Updated.

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #172 of 266
Have added to the list I hope to bring:

Grado 80i
ampedup77 CMOY w/Grado chip 18v
Biosciencegeek CMOY w/three different chips 18v
lipo batteries for CMOYs
Audeze LCD-3
Transition Audio Design output transformerless tube HA
Scott Nixon USB tubedac/Macbook Pro
iPod classic x 2
Norse Audio Reign 24 cable for LCD-3
CLAS-dB with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cables

Have a NOS/NIB set of Stax Gamma headphones/amp junction box--had these for 20+ years and never hooked them up. No foolin'.
     Can bring a nice tube amp to drive these, if anyone is interested. Could be talked into selling said phones. Anyone bringing a dedicated electrostatic HA?
     I think that's it for now. Really looking forward to this meet. Hey Rastadolphin, do you have a PayPal account, or do you just want cash to help pay our way?

Cheers to All!
m

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #173 of 266
Quote:
Have a NOS/NIB set of Stax Gamma headphones/amp junction box--had these for 20+ years and never hooked them up. No foolin'.
     Can bring a nice tube amp to drive these, if anyone is interested. Could be talked into selling said phones. Anyone bringing a dedicated electrostatic HA?

I am bringing my Lambdas and my Gammas, but the only thing I have to drive them is my SRD-6/sb energizer box powered by my NAD 3155. I have yet to be able to afford a dedicated electrostatic amp. And it is sinful to have had your Gammas that long and to have never hooked them up. They may not be the greatest phones in the world, but they are still surprisingly good. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #174 of 266
Quote:

I am bringing my Lambdas and my Gammas, but the only thing I have to drive them is my SRD-6/sb energizer box powered by my NAD 3155. I have yet to be able to afford a dedicated electrostatic amp. And it is sinful to have had your Gammas that long and to have never hooked them up. They may not be the greatest phones in the world, but they are still surprisingly good. 

You are right about that, hekoman. Not certain why I haven't listened to them. Mostly, I was involved in a new career and family--and of course my main audio system. I think I will pull the Gammas out and give them a try. I'm guessing that one might need a dedicated electrostatic amp to really make them shine. As it stands, I have decided to invest in another technological pathway. No money in the budget for a dedicated ES amp so I'll probably sell them. Still.........
rolleyes.gif

Mar 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #175 of 266
Hey. So yeah... I have a paypal account if people would prefer to use that for room donations. If you want to do that, send me a private message and I'll send you my info. I'll give you a number and start tallying the running total of donations on the original post of this thread in a numbered list of donations. That way we'll know where we're at and I won't get more donations than I need.

Does that sound okay?

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #177 of 266
I wouldn't object to rolling excess into a pizza budget.

Whatever it takes to make things easier for the organizer(s).

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #178 of 266
Thinking about making the drive up from Upstate South Carolina.  Any one else going from the Upstate?  I could bring my LCD3 and Apex Peak and Volcano.   Also have a Bifrost, Butte and HP-A3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back