Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013)
Apr 3, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #196 of 266
Hey RastaDolphin, I want to confirm that it's the Wingate for our location. I want to call ahead and make reservations for the meet ahead of time

Tanx, Mon
m

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #198 of 266
Good news, folks! I managed to get one of those new Burson Soloist SL amps in time for the meet via their loaner program. We will be the first location in the US to try it out in this program!

Take that, New York meet! 
o2smile.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #200 of 266
Quote:
Good news, folks! I managed to get one of those new Burson Soloist SL amps in time for the meet via their loaner program. We will be the first location in the US to try it out in this program!

Take that, New York meet! 
o2smile.gif

Nice, I thought they have already been shipping.  I've been curious to hear the full size soloist, so this might give me a taste of general sound.

Apr 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #202 of 266
Meh... In general, I'd prefer to not have any company or shop reps at the meet on official business but if somebody wants to throw in some loot to hang a banner or have some brochures or something unobtrusive available, I guess I'd be cool with that. I could definitely use all the help I could get paying for it.

I just don't want to kill the community vibe of the whole thing and have it turn into a tradeshow or have to deal with salespeople.

Apr 5, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #204 of 266
Wow. Glad I jumped online to make a reservation. Must be graduation weekend in the area because anything close to our event hotel is $400+ a night. As it stands, I'm staying 19 miles away at the Lexington Triad Inn. Must be a real hole in the wall because it got such bad ratings. At least I will have somewhere to crash. Oy!

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #205 of 266
I have just got a new pair of Sennheiser Momentum and I will bring it to the meeting.

And I got another new pair of Momentum (Black) and IEM Klipsch X10i for sale. Both are New in Box.
I would bring them along if someone is interested to get them.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #206 of 266
Quote:
Wow. Glad I jumped online to make a reservation. Must be graduation weekend in the area because anything close to our event hotel is $400+ a night. As it stands, I'm staying 19 miles away at the Lexington Triad Inn. Must be a real hole in the wall because it got such bad ratings. At least I will have somewhere to crash. Oy!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYIKES! Did you call the Wingate, directly? I'm seeing $150--175 for the Wingate on Kayak.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #207 of 266
Yeah, don't book directly through the hotels; the clerks are going to book you at non-discount rates unless you're part of a group or have guest club status.

Use one of the online services like Expedia or Priceline. This also gets you access to rooms in hotels that are otherwise reserved in blocks by conferences and groups. It's worth a try; if you get a better deal, you can contact your current hotel and cancel the booking; most of them will permit that without penalty up to 24 hours before check-in. (Edit: ...but make sure, first!)

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #208 of 266
It looks like the list is all over the head headphones. Is anyone interested in IEMs? I have a pair of Heir Audio 4.a1 that I would be more than happy to bring up if someone wants to try them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back