Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013)
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #227 of 266
Update

My friend Ben is going to be carpooling with me to the meet sat.
He is a musician and enjoy listening to music, doesn't have much hp gear but enjoys the hobby. If you we're at the meet at Alex's house in 2011 or the big Charlotte meet in 2012 you might remember him.

I found my Sony xba4ip iems, if anyone is interested. Probably just bring them in case.

I looked at the front page and it appears there are 4 lcd3. I'm stoked to see if we notice any big variations in sound between them. Hopefully we have a nice range of production dates. Mine are first batch 10/15/11 RMAed 4/10/12, if your bringing a pair I would be curious of your pairs dob.

So here is what I'm bringing in all

Monster HTS 5100- MBP>Gungnir>Straightwire Crescendo ii (xlr)>Mjolnir >Q cable(bal)>Lcd3
" " " >monoprice Y cable>Jds O2>Sony xba4

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #228 of 266
Quote:
Update

My friend Ben is going to be carpooling with me to the meet sat.
He is a musician and enjoy listening to music, doesn't have much hp gear but enjoys the hobby. If you we're at the meet at Alex's house in 2011 or the big Charlotte meet in 2012 you might remember him.

I found my Sony xba4ip iems, if anyone is interested. Probably just bring them in case.

I looked at the front page and it appears there are 4 lcd3. I'm stoked to see if we notice any big variations in sound between them. Hopefully we have a nice range of production dates. Mine are first batch 10/15/11 RMAed 4/10/12, if your bringing a pair I would be curious of your pairs dob.

So here is what I'm bringing in all

Monster HTS 5100- MBP>Gungnir>Straightwire Crescendo ii (xlr)>Mjolnir >Q cable(bal)>Lcd3
" " " >monoprice Y cable>Jds O2>Sony xba4

Cool! What kind of stuff does your friend make?

I have no idea when the LCD3s I'm bringing were made since they're part of the Burson amp test loaner thingy.

Anybody else in the group make tunes?

Only a few short days now!!

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #229 of 266
Cool! What kind of stuff does your friend make?

I have no idea when the LCD3s I'm bringing were made since they're part of the Burson amp test loaner thingy.

Anybody else in the group make tunes?

Only a few short days now!!

Ben and I both went to app state for audio engineering. We were in a alt rock group called Dial 9, that toured around the Carolinas while we were in college. We also still write a bunch of electronic based music as well

I saw the burson loaner program on audeze's Facebook, are you doing a review/write up for burson? I figure the 3s they loaned you are a newer batch, I guess it didn't come with the freq chart?

Apr 16, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #230 of 266
Ben and I both went to app state for audio engineering. We were in a alt rock group called Dial 9, that toured around the Carolinas while we were in college. We also still write a bunch of electronic based music as well

I saw the burson loaner program on audeze's Facebook, are you doing a review/write up for burson? I figure the 3s they loaned you are a newer batch, I guess it didn't come with the freq chart?

Nice! Got a soundcloud link or anything of your stuff?

I haven't received the loaner stuff yet. Set to get it on Thursday. I guess I'm doing some sort of review. I think they were looking for folks involved with a head-fi meet, in particular, to get more impressions. So, hopefully, you guys can help me with that. :)

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #231 of 266
Tentative list of what I'm bringing:

McIntosh MAC4100 receiver
Violectric HPA-V100 amp
Elekit TU-882 with a couple sets of tubes (This is for sale)
Harman-Kardon HK670 receiver (This is for sale)
Cary Xciter DAC

Audio-Technica ATH-7 electret headphone
Sony CD3000 headphone
HiFiMan HE-6 headphone
AKG K240 Sextett MP headphone
Realistic Pro50 Sextett (This is for sale -- essentially a rebadged AKG K250)
Grado SR60 (This is for sale -- it is one of the pre-i pink silk versions, although the silks were replaced when Grado refurbed it in 2011)
MB Quart QP95 headphone
MB Quart QP70 headphone

The Harman-Kardon is kind of big, so I might only bring it if somebody expresses an interest in it -- whether to buy, or just to listen to it.

Feel free to PM me about anything else, too. I've still got a seat available in the car if anybody wants a ride from the Triangle area.

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #234 of 266
Wooo! That's a lot of exciting stuff! At long last, the 240 Sextet / DF / Monitor comparison can commence!

I hope people like the ATH-7 too. I've had it on the shelf as a project for a couple years and finally got it into running condition over the winter. Nobody's made electret headphones for a couple decades -- it's kind of a technological dead-end but does some things really well.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #235 of 266
Quote:
I think I've convinced a friend to go with me. He will be bringing a pair of AKG K 240 MK IIs

Word up!

Quote:
I hope people like the ATH-7 too. I've had it on the shelf as a project for a couple years and finally got it into running condition over the winter. Nobody's made electret headphones for a couple decades -- it's kind of a technological dead-end but does some things really well.

I'm pretty excited about all this stuff I've never heard before and hoping I can gain some understanding about the plethora of head-fi-ness I don't know.

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #237 of 266
Bleh I'm having to sell my entire portable Rig to pay my Car Insurance renewal this month SO if any of you guys are going to be near Little River, Myrtle Beach, Conway, Loris and or Loris SC Hwy 90, 31, 22 or 17 North [In addition to tabor City NC] I'd be willing to sell my [with no shipping] to any buyers. I would have loved to keep this gear and share it at the meet but money got tight -.- [my fault though] 

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #239 of 266
Quote:
frown.gif
I'm sorry. Insurance is terrible. I guess you'll still be able to make it to the the meet though, right?

What is it you're looking to to get rid of?

My Hifiman Hm 601 and my cMoy bb and fiio E11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back