Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013)
Feb 11, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #34 of 266
Long story short, yes it is. Albeit misspelled. I may change it, its unwieldy for a forum/community name.

I guess as long as I can get there, I can bring some sources like Ipods and laptop, maybe even two. Let me know if you guys want me to load anything as well, be it music or software. And, not shockingly, I do not have any amps. Sorry friends. But I am willing to do what I can to help.

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #35 of 266
Yeah, more sources the better! :) If you're thinking about getting an amp, I must say I've been very impressed with my ebay cmoy that I'll have with me. Got it for around $50. It's the only amp I've tried so far but it certainly works wonders on everything from my cheap 30-some ohm JVCs to my 600 ohm k240s. I'm very much looking forward to comparing it to some more serious machines and finding out how broke I'm going to be for the next few years.

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #38 of 266
So, the board room at the Hampton is officially reserved. And now that there are a few more people in the group, I'm thinking my proposal of getting lunch for everyone if everyone put in $20 toward the room might need to be revised. How about if everyone just throw in $10 and get their own lunch? Might be about the same difference but maybe people will have more freedom to get whatever they want / will probably eat before, etc. I really hate to even ask for help but I'm on a pretty tight budget and I want everyone to be able to make their plans as early as possible. Hopefully more people will sign on and we could do less from each person.

Anyway, how does $10 per person sound?

BTW, what kind of music is everyone listening to these days? You can PM me, if you're afraid of being condemned. :wink: I'm just trying to come up with the best collection of sounds for everyone without having too much. I'm always all over the place with my tastes but lately I've been listening to a lot of 70s/80s funk, funk/fusion, jazz, (Zapp, Herbie Hancock, Zappa) etc.

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #39 of 266
I wouldn't be averse to simply having pizza delivered during mealtime, if people don't want to leave.

As music goes -- I wouldn't worry much about that. Bring what you like, and/or which shows your system at its best. At the Denver meet, DannyB had a single CD with only about 50 minutes of a VERY well-chosen range of music, while I brought a laptop and hard drive backup of my household's music library, about 40,000 hours of music :) -- whatever works is going to be fine.

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #41 of 266
Did you guys see that the this thread made the home page. Headfi is really doing a great job of covering and keeping up with the Carolina's Headfi community , much respect to whoever manages that part of the website. I hope this raises the awareness of meet ,and we can get a lot new and seasoned members together to have some fun on April the 20th

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #42 of 266
Could you have picked a different day? 
atsmile.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #44 of 266
Quote:
Could you have picked a different day? 
atsmile.gif

I know, I was thinking the same thing.  I was hoping for the 13th because then I would have been able to hit this one and then Michigan one that's also on the 20th on the way back from visiting my Wife's family in Michigan.  Now I have to pick one, probably this one just because I have a few semi-rare items and I'd rather share my gear here since I know NC meet's are generally rarer and a lot of people don't have a chance to listen to a wide variety of gear.  Plus I had to cancel on the Denver meet so I wan't to try to make this one.  Also got a few new toys since then as well 
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #45 of 266
Quote:
We could probably do the 27th. Does that work better for you?

Or the 27th works for me too.  I thought it was already reserved though? or they don't mind adjustments i'm guessing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back