Winston-Salem / Triad meet (April 20th, 2013)
Apr 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #256 of 266
I had a great time at the get together. Thank you very much Jerry for getting this together! I thought it was a good venue, and the room accommodated the number of folks we had there. I heard a lot of great headphones, amps, and sources today. Better than that, met some really friendly fellow hobbyists. Thank you Jerry for the great mix disc - it was fantastic in my car on the way back to Randleman! 

Jason

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #260 of 266
Here are some iPhone photos of the event for those who couldn't make it out. 

Alex's collection.

Stax!

Very nice Burson Soloist

Part of Jerry's collection.

Schiit!

Beauty of a custom Tube Amp if I remember correctly.

Alex enjoying 'Nessun Dorma' by Jackie Evancho on his awesome AKG K1000's that many of us adored. 

That is all the photos I took - if you have corrections or comments on the photos or the equipment in them, feel free to post.

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #261 of 266
[/IMG][/IMG]
[/IMG]

Images from the event

Apr 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #262 of 266
I really had a great time yesterday - I met some really nice people and listened to some very cool gear. I know there was a lot of stuff I missed - including wanting to A/B more amps with the same headphone.
I finally got to listen to some LCD-2's and 3's (really nice), some HD-800s which were great as well, but my fav was a toss up between adgedee's McIntosh receiver and HE-6's, and hekoman's Stax Lamda's. Those were sweet.
I also thought the Monoprice phones that techfish had were amazing for the $.

And thanks a lot to RastaDolphin for arranging and setting this up - it was great for my first meet. Can't wait for the next one.

Here are some more pics we took from yesterday:

Reposted my pics into my gallery:
http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/763294/winstaon-salem-meet-4-2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Back