Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Mar 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #1,276 of 4,133
I'm open to whatever works.  A longer meet is ok, too if that gives people more time on the phones.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #1,278 of 4,133
Timbits, are calling my name. They may be too messy for handlin' phones though.

I can stop off somewhere and pick something up.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #1,279 of 4,133
There's a Sobey/Safeway/Walmart all within two minute's drive. You guys are welcome to bring whatever you feel like, though personally I request snackyfoods that aren't too sugary (I think half of us are on diets anyhow, lol). I can always prep stuff in a kitchen too. 

Oh and p.s. there have been a lot of speedtraps on my street lately, and they're also pulling people over who roll through stop signs, so be alert.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #1,280 of 4,133
How about from 3 or 4 to 7 or 8 since GG is coming in from Brandon?
By the way Nathan, I remember you once had a K702. Did you ever try modding them at all?

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #1,282 of 4,133
Quote:

i just love how bass explodes on dubstep on this setup haha 

Interesting, never found my XB's to be lacking in bass but if it improves the overall sound I'd be interested in modding my 500's too, what's involved?, just re-cabling?

By the way, Hi fellow 'Peggers, I'll introduce myself, I've been lurking around Head-Fi for a while, mostly just daydreaming about what I'd buy if I won a lottery, I only have some rookie equipment myself, iPod Touch/ Fiio E7/ Sony XB500 and XBA-1, nothing too special.  I was contemplating hunting down a set of XB1000's or pick up a set of Fostex T50RP's from Long & McQuade to start modding but haven't had the nerve to put down that much money as I'd rather save up for a newer iDevice in the next year.

Geoff

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #1,283 of 4,133
Hey this is random, but is anyone here interested in an AKG K1000? Someone on the sale forums was looking at some of my stuff for trade, but nothing I have is quite at that value and he wants cash to cover the difference. I'm intrigued but not quite enough to go for it, but if anyone here is interested shoot me a message is maybe we can piggyback a trade deal.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,284 of 4,133
Quote:
How about from 3 or 4 to 7 or 8 since GG is coming in from Brandon?
By the way Nathan, I remember you once had a K702. Did you ever try modding them at all?

Quote:
I'm fine with noon I guess. Brunch while driving time. Lol

I'll be here all day, so you guys let me know what's most convenient for you. I think Bear is planning on being in the city around noon-ish. 

I've owned both the K701 and K702, but have never modded them. The AKG's are a bugger to take apart. It's doable, but they are not mod friendly. I have a Sextett in pieces down in my workshop and I dislike working on it just because it's a hassle. 

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #1,287 of 4,133
Quote:
Interesting, never found my XB's to be lacking in bass but if it improves the overall sound I'd be interested in modding my 500's too, what's involved?, just re-cabling?

By the way, Hi fellow 'Peggers, I'll introduce myself, I've been lurking around Head-Fi for a while, mostly just daydreaming about what I'd buy if I won a lottery, I only have some rookie equipment myself, iPod Touch/ Fiio E7/ Sony XB500 and XBA-1, nothing too special.  I was contemplating hunting down a set of XB1000's or pick up a set of Fostex T50RP's from Long & McQuade to start modding but haven't had the nerve to put down that much money as I'd rather save up for a newer iDevice in the next year.

Geoff

this was modded and changed to a more higher build cables.. it kinda clences mids and removes most of the muds

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #1,288 of 4,133
Quote:
Hey this is random, but is anyone here interested in an AKG K1000? Someone on the sale forums was looking at some of my stuff for trade, but nothing I have is quite at that value and he wants cash to cover the difference. I'm intrigued but not quite enough to go for it, but if anyone here is interested shoot me a message is maybe we can piggyback a trade deal.

I'd love to hear it if you get it, Nathan.  And it'll probably be a lot easier to resell than the HE-6 if you decide it's not for you - collector's item, etc.
There was a bass-heavy and bass-light version, if I'm not mistaken.  Can't recall at what serial number the shift happened, but it's something to keep in mind.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #1,289 of 4,133
Quote:

Now that would be interesting to hear. Unfortunately im broker than broke at the moment or i might've been in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back