Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing)
Mar 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #1,246 of 4,133
Well that leaves me wondering now.  The Asgard 2 is definitely more money and seems to be working out a few kinks vs Magni/Modi.  I'm not pressed to have to buy right now because my receivers drive both the 600s and Sextetts well.  Hmmm.

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #1,249 of 4,133

What I'll be bringing this Wednesday. Hifiman balanced cables are hiding behind my MacBook. 

@dakki: I'd like for you to try the bass boost on the Triad L3 with the 1Plus2 universal iems which have dynamic bass drivers. 

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #1,250 of 4,133
^^^ Sweet!! I am bringing the whole lot again.  May leave some of the nick nacks at home this time though, unless someone wanted to see them. (check my profile and let me know).

What time are we talking? 1pm to 3pm again?

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #1,251 of 4,133
Please bring your HE500 and HD800 no matter what.

What S/N is your HD800? I want to a/b for myself whether Senn has actually changed something up with their new HD800s. Mine is 208xx.
Quote:
^^^ Sweet!! I am bringing the whole lot again.  May leave some of the nick nacks at home this time though, unless someone wanted to see them. (check my profile and let me know).

What time are we talking? 1pm to 3pm again?

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #1,252 of 4,133
Yep, definitely brigning those.  The HD800 are 209XX.  Not sure if that helps you much as they are after yours...only had them a short time.  Probably 50ish hours on them so far.  I'm interested in hear the HD800's with balanced cable on a tube amp.  I will be getting a balanced cable in a short time to go with the Taboo MKIII that will be here in 10-12 weeks, maybe...??

Just need to decide which one, I don't want to spend huge $$ on it but will spend some, 'Q', A pure sound, or Moon, or...too many choices.

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #1,253 of 4,133
PM me if you want to discuss cables. Look at my profile. As for Apuresound, Alex has taken lots of orders and still to this day has not fulfilled them, nor has he replied to any sort of emails. He remains silent and not possible to contact, and still has many headphones for recabling which he did not return. Scumbag scammer. Meanwhile he's posting happily about his Lotus Exige.
Quote:
Yep, definitely brigning those.  The HD800 are 209XX.  Not sure if that helps you much as they are after yours...only had them a short time.  Probably 50ish hours on them so far.  I'm interested in hear the HD800's with balanced cable on a tube amp.  I will be getting a balanced cable in a short time to go with the Taboo MKIII that will be here in 10-12 weeks, maybe...??

Just need to decide which one, I don't want to spend huge $$ on it but will spend some, 'Q', A pure sound, or Moon, or...too many choices.

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #1,254 of 4,133
I guess that's kinda why I am hestitating and maybe leaning toward Moon Audio. They seem to have their stuff together with thier site as apposed to the others I have looked at.
Or maybe DIY? To start with.  I have some time to figure it out.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #1,255 of 4,133
Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss in detail about cables.
Quote:
I guess that's kinda why I am hestitating and maybe leaning toward Moon Audio. They seem to have their stuff together with thier site as apposed to the others I have looked at.
Or maybe DIY? To start with.  I have some time to figure it out.

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,256 of 4,133
Oh, we really should set a time. I was assuming evening since most people have school/work. I can do daytime though. Depends who else is coming... anyone else? DigitalFreak?

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #1,257 of 4,133
I'll be in town around noon.  But will come on over whenever you are ready.  I want to go exploring a little.  Any head-fi shops I should check out?

What music player you guys using?  I had foobar2000 up on my laptop but it does not seem to be the easiest to navigate. 
I just downloaded jRiver MC and will installing it this weekend and trying it our.
Was also looking at dBPoweramp...

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #1,258 of 4,133
For Wednesday I should be pretty open barring nothing pops up of coarse. I don't know from 4 or 5 onwards? Later is good too I guess as long as everyone else can make it?

You guys want me to bring my Q701? Thus far I'm down for the M-100 for GG and and my mobile rig which now is sporting the ALO RX MKIII-B as well as the UHA-6S MKII.

By the way guys, does anyone mind if I film some of the meet and post it on my Youtube channel? If someone has a problem with being in the video I'll gladly shoot around you,

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #1,259 of 4,133
Advance on Portage has a rack tucked away. Brian Reimer on St. Mary's has some; mostly Sennheisers. Creative Audio I has Grados and I think Denons. They used to carry Sennheisers as well.

Currently using a cracked version of JRiver, although there's the free version in JRiver Media Jukebox.

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #1,260 of 4,133
DF: I'm super eager to try your portable rack. 90% chance of buying UHA6s2.

Any time is fine as long as it's not before noon since I don't want to get up that early to drive down to Winnipeg.

I'm using Amarra and JRiver MC18 on my Retina mbp.

I'm also open to selling my Schiit stack, LCD2.2, LCD3, and the cables other than the thick one :). Anything belonging to Gavin of Tralucent is not sellable either, which includes the Triad stack.

Arly, I was hoping to get an hour of alone time with you in a quiet space so we can discuss about the 1Plus2, and the T1, for some second opinions while I take final notes for the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back